Hello all! Yes I have neglected this blog since March. Wow, time really does fly but things get so busy! Let see, a little catch up on what is going on with us. Aaron is still working at the NCO Academy. He enjoys teaching but just isn't that happy with his job. But reenlistment time in coming around and he's making that big choice on whether to stay in or get out. With the job market right now he's leaning towards staying in. He's going through a lot right now so please keep him in your prayers. Aaron was diagnosed with Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) about two weeks ago. This has stemmed from an untreated concussion he received while in Iraq. We really didn't know what was going on but I knew he was different and just not the same person he used to be. After a little encouraging he went to a counselor who sent him on to a doctor who then referred him to the TBI clinic. After lots of appointments and countless test he was diagnosed. Currently we are going through the process of getting him into the 12 week rehab program. His chain of command have been less than supportive which is making everything even more frustrating. Since appearance wise Aaron looks perfectly normal and since they didn't know him before his chain of command claims they do not understand why he needs to go. This is where I want to scream..."BECAUSE HIS DOCTORS SAID SO!" But I'm trying to be a good wife and support from the home front and just pray. But biting my tongue is very hard when it comes to my family and their well being. Currently we are waiting on a meeting between the doctors and the chain of command so the doctors can stress the need and help them better understand the situation and the effects TBI has on soldiers and what non-treatment will do. So please pray with us.I am still working on post. Currently I am working with a very good doctor who does a lot of different types of dentistry so I'm really enjoying the learning experience. But I still miss doing oral surgery. I am contemplating going back to school to become an RN and specialize in surgery. I really do feel that is my calling but going back to school is just not something I'm wanting to do right now. So we will see. I may do a few online classes but we will see how things fall into place.

Logan is loving Kindergarten. He has learned so much. This past weekend Aaron told him to eat his eggs so he would energy to play. Logan informed him that "bread foods give you energy because they are carbohydrates." Really too smart for his own good! He is learning to read now. I didn't realize he would be doing that in Kindergarten but they do way more than I remember doing in Kindergarten. Logan was sent home from school yesterday for a slight fever. So I'm home with him today...which is the only reason I have time to do this! He is feeling fine. He's had a little cough but certainly doesn't act like a sick little boy today!

Lane is as wild as ever. He broke his other collarbone this summer. Crazy thing is he gets hurts doing the innocent things...like sleeping and falling off his Grammy's couch. But when he jumps off my couch or down the stairs he lands on his feet! We are trying our best to potty train. Too bad he's not trying as hard as we are! He has no interest in using the "big boy potty" at all. It does not bother him one bit to use his diaper! I have promised him everything if he will start going to the potty but so far no luck. Sad thing is...he knows how. He came in from being outside the other day just so he could go use the potty. Then two hours later, while wearing underwear inside the house, he refused to go. Then at school yesterday he went completely by himself. Walked to the bathroom, which in their room, pulled down his pants, took off his diaper and started going all before the teachers even realized. Then last night screamed when I tried to get him to go before heading to bed. Logan was so easy to train and had given up diapers way before the age Lane is now. But it is so very true that you can not compair children. They will do everything at their own pace!
I still can't believe that Christmas is just around the corner. We had just got back from Alaska this time last year. I am so very excited to spend our first Christmas in our new house. I currently have three Christmas trees up and want more but I'm trying to contain myself. I wanted one in every room but Aaron says that is crazy! I think it's a great idea!!! Hahaha. Once I get the trees completely decorated, hopefully by today, I'll get some pictures up. So I've got to get busy taking advantage of this free day!!! Have a great Thursday!

2 comments:
YAY! :) A blog post!! :)
First--will be praying for you guys!
Second- GO ALL OUT on the trees!!!
Great to hear from you Tiff! I've been missing you....hope you all have a wonderful Christmas....I'm with Aishlea...go ALL Out on the Trees....I have 4 up so far and one more to go......:)
Post a Comment