Sunday, February 27, 2011

We are still around

Seems like most of my post these days are catch up post. But better late than never huh!!! I'm going to head back to January which was a pretty eventful month in our family. Logan turned 6 on January 18th!!! He thought the day would never come, and part of me wished it wouldn't have. My sweet boy is getting so big. I'm just not ready for him to grow up. We are such proud parents. Logan is such a blessing in our life. He's so smart and witty. Aaron swears he's me made over. He does sound a lot like me when he tells his stories and makes some of his remarks. He's very level headed and looks for facts. He doesn't like to be left out of anything and wants to know exactly what is going on. Yes, I have to admit he's a lot like me. LOL But he is so much more. He truly amazes me everyday. His 6th birthday was a big event. I surprised him with a little cake on the day of his birthday and then his birthday party was the following weekend.
He had picked out his birthday party theme MONTHS ago. He wanted Iron Man. The house was crazy with screaming kids. Thankfully my mom drove up to help because Aaron ended up having to go into work at the last minute. He kept thinking that he would get out in time to make the party so he picked up the cake early so he could head straight home ASAP. Well the party started at 2 and at 3 Aaron calls to tell me I should come get the cake because he wasn't going to make it. Thankfully my neighbor offered to pick up the cake. I have the best neighbors! So even though the cake was late, all the party goers had a great time.
After most of the kiddos left, two stayed for a little sleep over. Logan's best friend from school, Ashton, and his best friend since he was two, Logan Joshua (who was also in Alaska with us and now lives here with us!). Thankfully Aaron was home for this part so I let him take over. One good thing about having boys! I can send Aaron off to do the boy stuff! LOL! Everything went great and the boys, including Lane and Leo, crashed out while watching a movie.
So the next big event of January happened on the 19th. Aaron reenlisted for another 6 years. It was a big decision that we tossed around for a while. A lot has happened in the last year which have been an added stress to our family. Aaron's recovery process for his TBI is working great but still has it's stressful moments. Aaron has always loved being in the Army but leaving for deployments is very hard. The Army is very demanding and making this decision will most likely mean another deployment in the years to come. But after lots of prayers reenlisting was the decision we felt best. We have put everything in God's hands.
Once the decision was made we both felt good about the choice. The Army has been good to us, and Aaron is very proud to be a soldier. The Army was his dream as a child and he has accomplished so much in the last 8 years of his career. And he still has so many goals which he wants to acheive before his military career is over. I know God has a lot of great things in store for him these next 6 years and I know God will be with him every step of the way. One good thing about this reenlistment is that I got to be there. This was the third time Aaron has reenlisted but the first one I was able to attend. The last two times he was deployed to Iraq. So this one was very special to me. I was very surprised that I was given a certificate and a coin for my dedication to my husband's career. It was not expected at all but it is nice when the Army shows appreciation for what we spouses go through. It was a special day and I was very proud to stand by his side!

No comments: