Sunday, February 27, 2011

My new hobby

I have always enjoyed snapping pictures. Never really felt I was that great at it, but I still enjoyed it. I've wanted a good camera for years but never spent the money but a few months ago the subject was once again brought up and Aaron told me to go for it. So I did. I bought an awesome camera. Makes me feel so professional! LOL. Next was getting the editing program. That was actually the easy part. Learning how to use it has been the hard part. I'm learning the basics but there is still so much more for me to figure out. But I'm getting there. The more I learn, the more pictures I want to take. I've tortured the boys more than a few times. Sometimes they work the spot light for me, other times, well they don't! Haha. Lane enjoys posing much more than Logan so I'm not being bias when most of my pictures are of Lane, Logan is just like me and would rather be behind the camera! My neighbor who is a great photographer (actually has a photography business) asked me to do some family pictures for her the other day. I was so excited. My first real photo shoot of someone other than my family! It was so much fun and I hope she was as happy with the pics as I was. My next big project is some maternity pictures for my cousin. She has offered to pose so I'm taking full advantage. I'm by no means a professional and am in no way ready to start earning money doing this. But I want to learn and I want to capture those special moments that can be treasured forever. Here are a few pics have taken. Guess you could say the start of my portfolio!
This is my neighbors little boy. Such a sweetheart!

This is one of my favorite shots of Lane. Rolling around acting silly. This picture is so "him!"

2 comments:

Aishlea said...

Wow...you are really good! :) Want a baby to practice with?! :)

Tiffany said...

Thank you! I would love a baby model. My goal this summer is to make and purchase some baby props. I'm getting stuff together so I can do a few ideas I have for when Paige has her baby. Aaron asked the other day when we were going to get together with you guys so whenever we make those plans I'll be sure to have the camera ready!!