Saturday, November 22, 2008

And my night is complete...

So after the movie and after picking up the kiddos, Amy and I decided to brave the cold and take the boys out to eat. They were begging for ice cream and neither of us wanted to cook. So off we go, two mommies and 4 kids, to Denny's. This is always an adventure that makes us question our sanity of why we went in the first place. Not only are both Logans (Amy oldest is named Logan as well) complete boys in ever sense of the word, they both seem to be having a hard time with Daddy being gone and they feel the need to rebel against mom. It never fails that when one is being good the other is having a fit. And tonight was no exception to the rule. I was so proud of my Logan when we got there. He sat so nicely and colored and when his food came he even ate...usually a fight in itself...and so we ordered desert. I guess this put him over the top because his loudness got louder and then that sweet little boy I brought in became this wild crazy kid I'm embarrassed to have in public. He was running around...which he knows is unacceptable...and acting like he was a monster. Lane was sleeping in my arms so he knew I couldn't do much about it at the moment. I gave him my best "I'm going to tear your butt up" look but it did nothing to help. So I got him and Lane bundled up as best I could and took off running for the door feeling like I should have apologized to the other people around us but they had found him humorous which just added to his behavior. Thankfully on the way home Aaron called. I love it when he calls when I'm at my wits end. At least then I can vent to him. Not that it always helps because he thinks it funny and says "that's my boy!" or "he's a boy, he's suppose to act like that." But no matter what, talking to him always makes me feel better and puts a smile on my face. He was doing good and had just woke up and was on his way to eat breakfast. Right now he is at a place where he has a little more access to the "normal" things in life...like hot showers and toilets...so I feel a little better when he's there even if it is for only for a few days. Too bad he can't be there for Thanksgiving. Guess the snacks I sent and an MRE will have to be good enough for a Thanksgiving meal. Poor guy. But he doesn't mind. He has a much better attitude about it than I would. He said it was raining so that was putting a damper on their plans for the day. But even though he hates being bored...I kind of smile at the thought...just because if he's bored...I kind of feel like he's safe. At least that's the justification I give it in my head. But overall he is doing good. I told him the other day that we had hit the 2 month mark and his reply was "really, that's all, it's feels longer." Which makes me sad because I know that even though I like it when he gets bored it makes his time go that much slower and I know how bad he would like to be home with us. But we will get through...he's strong and an amazing soldier...and I love him so much so it wouldn't matter how long he had to be gone...I would be here waiting when he got back. I found this great quote that has kind of become my motto: "You never know how strong you are, until being strong in the only choice you have." Thankfully, God is there and listens to my never ending prayers...and he pulls us through one day at a time!

No comments: