Friday, September 18, 2009

He's HOME at last!

The boys' shirts say, "I'm here to pick up my Daddy, SSG Potter, so move it or lose it!"
Here we are waiting just a little bit longer for our soldier!
I know I'm a little late with this post but we have been enjoying ever second we have! Aaron's plane landed around 11:40 AM on Monday, September 14. He was finally in my arms around 2PM. It was wonderful. The buses arrived and the soldiers filed off the buses and into formation.
This picture was taken right after I told Logan that Daddy was home!!!!
Once in formation they walked down in front of us. Aaron was on the largest flight of guys so far. Over 400 soldiers arrived with him. The place was packed. Once they were released we looked and looked but could not find him among the all the ACUs that were EVERYWHERE! As I was standing there looking all around me I happen to notice someone squatted down behind me. It was Aaron and he was about to grab Logan!
Lane just stared at him. He wasn't sure what to think. But after a few hours he was usual goofy self and enjoying his time with Daddy too!Off to pick up Daddy's bags.

Logan wanted to help!And one last "welcome home" picture before we all changed and headed out for dinner...all together...and whole again!

3 comments:

Brooke and David said...

So thankful he's home and your family is back together!

We love you guys and hope to see you again...soon!

The Ledbetters said...

Oh my goodness that brought tears to my eyes! I know you are ecstatic and I am so glad God brought you all back together again.

Aishlea said...

YAY!!! I wondered last week when he was home! I am so glad that he made it back safe and sound!!!

Also, might I add, that someone sure was looking mighty hot to pick up their hubby!! :) You are so pretty...