Friday, November 13, 2009

Moving on

One week from today I will getting on a plane that will take me south...and I don't have to get on a return flight!!!!! A one way flight to the south...the place I love the most!!!! I'm so excited and can not wait to start the next chapter in our lives. Alaska has been an experience to say the least. We have had many good times here and I have met some amazing people. My last day at work was last Wednesday. Saying goodbye to that place was harder than I thought and I'm not sure that it will completely hit me until Monday when I'm not up getting ready for work but getting ready for movers to come in and box up all our stuff.

There is one special lady who I am going to miss horribly. Angela! She has become such a good friend to me. We have shared many talks. She and I are so much alike in so many ways. She has always been there for me even if it was just to let me vent when Aaron was gone. She may not even realize how much she means to me...but I hope she does. Ang, I have to say you are my favorite person in Alaska and quite honestly the only person that I love enough to say that leaving is hard. I've been ready to leave Alaska since 3 days after I got here more than 3 years ago. But Ang, I'm going to miss you so much and I really hope that one day we will see each other again. We have to stay in touch.

So this weekend is going to be busy. Tonight we are having a little get together at a friend's house, tomorrow is the military ball (I can't wait, I get to get dressed up in my gorgeous dress!), and then Sunday we have to make sure everything we need for a month is packed in suitcases because our movers come on Monday to start boxing everything up. So I've got to get busy for now but I will post pictures of the ball as soon as I can on Sunday! Hope everyone has a great weekend!

1 comment:

Brooke and David said...

I know you guys are super excited! I'm just sad that you hated Alaska so much! I wouldn't want to live there forever, but I love my time there and enjoyed all the great adventures!

Sounds like a fun weekend. Good luck with the movers.

Hope to run into one day soon!