My little blog has crossed my mind a lot lately and today I decided to check in. I noticed that my last post was almost a year and half ago! I'm way behind! So much has happened in the last year. Which is probably why I haven't posted anything because things have been soooooo busy I feel like sometimes I don't have either the energy or the time to breath! And with school gearing up again I'm not sure I'll be getting a break any time soon! So for now I'll leave you all with a little update on each of us then I'll try to post some pictures soon. I can't promise to be more dedicated to this blog but I would like to be. So keep your fingers crossed!
Things for Aaron have been beyond crazy and uphill for him over the past year. After so much treatment for his TBI he went back to work and then received orders to Korea. We were not happy about it but it's the Army and we don't have a choice in the matter. All was set for Aaron to leave this past February and the boys and I would remain here. As he was clearing, actually the day before movers were coming to ship off his things, the Army decided it would not be in his best interest to deploy. With his medical history and the problems he still has due to his brain injury, doctors decided he could no longer continue his military career. News which was not welcomed by him and news that no career soldier wants to hear. Over the last few months we have faced many challenges. Aaron has gone back and forth a million times trying to decide what he wants to do with the rest of his life. He started school and working hard to complete a criminal justice degree. If all goes as planned he could be finished with his associates degree next spring. He would really love to get into law enforcement. And not just the normal stuff. He would love to be FBI or a US Marshall. But you've got to start somewhere so he's thought about being a local sheriff officer. Another interest of his is physical therapy. There's a physical therapy assistant course here that would begin next summer so we will just have to see what he decides. He is still not ready to leave the Army but he has no choice. So for now we are waiting for paperwork to be finished and ratings to be decided. Our guess is that he will continue to be in the Army for another 4-6 months but it could be longer. With the Army, you never know!
Logan is beginning the 2nd grade. His first half day was yesterday and then tomorrow will be his first full day. He's getting to ride the bus this year. Something I had objected too in the past. Finally I caved and he's more than excited to ride. To me it just feels like he's officially grown up. He doesn't even want my taxi service! Logan is so much smarter than I was at his age. He a thinker which sometimes gets him into trouble since it's not aways appropriate for a child to know the whys of everything they are asked to do. Don't tell him anything you don't really plan to do. HE WILL REMEMBER! And he will expect you to follow through with everything! He has lost two teeth. He was so excited and so was I. He was so much braver about the whole deal than what I expected him to be. He wiggled, I wiggled, and before we knew it was out. No tears at all! I guess when you know money is the reward your a little more motivated! LOL
Lane! Oh Lane, he has so much personality packed into such a tiny little body. That child is really going to give me a run for my money. He is literally his father made over! In everything he does and says I see a tiny little Aaron moving around. He is a sports fanatic. Last fall both the boys played flag football, but Lane was the smallest in the league because he was 3 playing with 4-6 years old. You do not call him small! He will tell you real quick that he's not small, he's the biggest one around. He begged to wrestle this past spring and even participated in a wrestling tournament last March. He didn't win but he did get a metal which was the greatest thing in the world to him! He got to play tee-ball for the first time this year. He was so intense out there waiting for the ball and looked like an all star when he went up to hit. Once again, one of the youngest on the team, but no tee needed! He hit it coach pitch! Lane is getting ready to start pre-school at the end of this month. He's ready to get back to "school" and "see his friends!"
I decided to quit my job last September. It was a big decision but at the time it was exactly what our family needed. God knew what he was doing when he put the idea in my head. There is no way I could have worked 40 hours a week and been able to deal with everything that's happened. With me being home I've been able to be a much better wife and mother and we all needed that. I have not regretted that decision even one time. Now that all the doctor's appointments are slowing down and we are all starting a new chapter of our lives, I have decided to move forward with a long time dream. I was accepted into nursing school last month and will be starting on September 4. I. Cannot. Wait. I know I'm probably going to drive my family nuts during the next year but they love me! Hopefully I won't be too bad but I need to prepare them for the worse! So in my remaining time of saneness I'm on a mission to have the house deep cleaned and completely organized so that we all have a smooth sailing school year. We have already done the decluttering part and yard sale is complete. I am currently finishing up a paint job on the staircase. That was a thrown in job that just had to be done. I was cleaning the baseboards in the staircase and the filth on the wall completely grossed me out. We haven't even been in this house for 3 years and the grayish, blue paint looked brown where little dirty hands had been placed. And to top it off, since it was flat contractor paint it could not just be washed away. So I painted the walls brown. Fixed! Next is the office. I want it turned into a relaxing haven for studying and homework. I want to walk in and feel nothing but peacefulness. Aaron and I both will need this room a lot!
And Leo, I can't forget him. He's still the laziest dog around. We love him so much. He's two now and the perfect fit for our family. He has the best personality. He's lazy for the most part but loves to play (for a little bit) anytime we want him to. He is demanding when he wants attention though. If he needs love he will bully his way to your hand for some petting. So just do it. Don't fight it. If you do he will give you those sad little puppy dog eyes and you will feel like the biggest jerk in the world. And then you will give in. He knows this works. And he's very good at it!
So for now, that's about it. Break time is over. Back to work!
1 comment:
Hi!!! So glad to read your update! Love it! And thanks for the encouraging comment to me today!!! Love you!!!! So proud of you Mrs. nurse!!! You will be great and do great in school too. Can't wait to see another post! ;)
Post a Comment