Thursday, October 22, 2009

Hello Ya'll!!!!

Yep that's right, I'm working on getting back my southern drawwwwwlllll back! Since moving to Alaska more than one of my southern friends have told me that sweet southern accent of mine that of course made my hubby fall in love in me (hehehe!) was fading away. NOOOOOOOO! I love southern accents and I WANT mine. I know it won't take long...just a few days back home and all those ya'lls are right back in every sentence where they belong.

Things are going good with us. Aaron hasn't been too busy and work is pretty normal for me. Today Aaron and I are going to try to sneak off to a movie while the boys are at school. He and I have been enjoying our alone time together on Thursdays and Fridays. We locked in our morgage rate yesterday morning! Rates had dropped since we got pre-approved for our loan. Yay!!!! We talked with the realtor and he informed us that the house would be done on November 15!!! We are planning to have things lined up to close on November 24. So we should be home owners before Thanksgiving. We have sooooooo much to be thankful for. I also found out that I'm getting new shutters. I can't remember if I mentioned this before but my shutters were suppose to be a very dark redish/brown color. Well the builder thought they looked black in the picture...men!...of course no woman would put black shutters on a house with a brown roof!!! Yes I'm that picky! So after a little discussion between the builder and realtor I'm getting to pick out my new shutters once I get there. Which is perfect because I want to make sure they are just the right color! I can't wait!

I have to share a short little story about Lane. He's not a big talker but does have a few words he will say. With NO being the one he uses the most! But lately when we say "I love you" he says "too." I think it's adorable. It just melts my heart. So I'm off to get ready and get our homeowners insurance set up. Oh I can't wait to be a homeowner!!!!!! God is truly great!

1 comment:

Aishlea said...

Oh, a few days back home and that Southern drawl will be right back! Watch Sweet Home Alabama and maybe that will help! :) haha

I can NOT wait for you to get back down South! You will have the best Thanksgiving!!! (Aaron's home-moving back home- getting your new house!!)