There he is, 3rd from the end on the left, getting ready for warm ups.
While Lane and Daddy stayed at practice Logan had fittings for his equipment. This made me feel so much better about pushing him to face his fears. He was so excited to get his shoulder pads. He thought they were the coolest thing EVER! And he had a big grin on his face when we left. I think once the whole uniform is on he's going to love it even more. He still tells me he's just going to practice and I tell him that's fine. If he doesn't feel he's ready to play in a game then I'm fine with that. As long as he tries it and finds out what it's really like before he makes a decision on whether or not he likes something.
Once we were done we headed back to Lane's practice. He will still having a great time. His coach is a defensive coach somewhere in Nashville so I'm excited for him that he has someone who is knowledgeable about the sport.
We meet Logan's coach tonight but Logan won't be staying for the whole practice. He has signed up to be on the quizzing team at church. This decision of his warms my heart. I'm so glad he's taking an active role in his youth group. Tonight is the first night but he's so excited about it. They will be studying the book of Acts and then quizzing on it and even going to different competitions to compete with other churches. Our youth group at church is wonderful and the boys have so much fun there.
But for now I'm going to cuddle up with my sick little Laner Bug. He woke with a stomach bug and hasn't felt good all days so far. Hopefully it passes soon and his energy is back. It worries me when he doesn't even want to get out of bed. It just breaks my heart!
No comments:
Post a Comment