Most Alaskans are mourning the end of July because it means summer is pretty much at an end. I on the other hand am celebrating with Krispy Kreme donuts that our troop had flown up from Anchorage (yes you read correctly, we had to fly them in because we don't get those luxuries!) for a fund raiser! Yummy! I worked today and then after picking up the boys and having dinner I headed off for a meeting to finalize our plans for the single soldier's rooms. We pretty much have all our idea compiled so hopefully everything will fall into place from here. It's going to be a ton of work but it will keep me super busy during the month of August and hopefully before I know it September will have arrived. Wahoo!!!!
Now for the smoke update...I think it's worse...at least tonight. I have all the windows closed and it's still seeping in. My eyes are burning. The boys are already in bed but I've got their rooms rigged so it's not smokey in there. As long as the fan blows in there it seems to help. We are suppose to do a car wash fundraiser tomorrow but I won't be helping if the smoke is like this. Logan's soccer practice was canceled yesterday because of the smoke. I was talking with one of my friends about how we have definitely experience ALL Alaska has to offer...wild fires, earthquakes, volcanoes, rain, unusually high summer temps with no ACs, and -50 degrees for 3 weeks straight. Yes Alaska shared it all with me! So please say a prayer with us for rain...and lots of it. Yes I know that when it's raining for a week straight I will be complaining but something has to be done about this smoke so remind me of that when I complain of rain!!!
Well I'm off to get myself in bed. I was so touched today when I received a message from my friend Brooke who was told my an old friend that she enjoys reading my blog and was praying for my husband's safe return. Melissa if your reading this, thank you. That really touched me and was just the encouragement I needed today. You are too sweet! Well everyone...enjoy your weekend!
2 comments:
Hey Tiffany :-) You don't have to thank me. I have high respect for our military wives! To say the least. I know when I read about you all saying good bye this last time I was in tears. And I am glad it encouraged you because you are an encouragement to others!
Lots of Love, Mel
Hey! I've not been very good at keeping my blog up lately! Lol. I have been trying to catch up on yours this morning though! I'm happy things look so exciting for you! I'm sure this past year has been rough, but now your future is looking good! Your husbands return + new home! congrats! Its so fun planning and decorating a new home! Anyway- I'm glad to hear your moving home! I assume that is back to the south? I can't believe i've missed so much, slacking for a month! lol. Maybe we can get together now in the future in pigeon forge! That would be fun!
Post a Comment