Thursday, July 23, 2009

New cut and stroller!

Today was a "Mommy regains her sanity day!" I dropped the boys off this morning and headed straight to the salon. 3 hours later I emerged with a slightly lighter color (I can tell, you probably can't!) and a new cut. The picture that I'm showing really doesn't show the cut to well. Taking pictures of yourself is rather hard when your trying to capture your hair just right! In the sunlight it shimmers red. I love it! When I went in I was just planning to get a trim and I was going to lighten up my hair. Aaron wasn't thrilled with the new darker color so I was going to go a few shades lighter. Weeeeelllll....that's easier said than done. Since reds and really dark browns are the hardest colors to get out and I have both...it didn't prove to be to easy. After rinsing off the color I had auburn roots and dark brown ends. It was rather funny to see. Yes some girls would cry but it's hair...color can always be fixed...so I thought it was rather funny. But not funny enough to live with! So I told her to keep the ends the dark color and fix the roots. She did and I think I might keep this color. It's a shade...maybe two...lighter than before but the red is so much more noticeable in the sunlight. Which was what I wanted before. I'll have to get a picture in the sun at some point. But anyway, enough about my hair. I got a lot of paper work and phone calls finished up today. Talked to the mortgage company...anytime I get to talk about our house I get all giddy! Everything is still a go and falling right into place!!!!!! I'm still amazed at how easy this whole process has been. Which is why I feel that we are doing the right thing! I stopped by Home Depot...I'm becoming a regular...and checked out the cabinets and counter tops. I fell in love! I'm so ready to get to the point where I start picking colors and flooring. I can't wait to live in our new house!!!!
Logan had soccer practice tonight. My camera battery was dead so I didn't get any pictures. My friend Mel snapped a few so I'll try to steal some from her. He did good just didn't want to do what the coach wanted him to do. He just wanted to kick the ball around instead of learning how to "kick" it with his knee and head. He had fun though. When we got home Aaron called. The boys both talked to him a little and then it was my turn. Those two wild animals didn't want to leave me alone. Lane found my belly button to be the funniest thing ever. The they both decided to smack my belly and laugh and laugh even harder when I said awe! Of course Aaron thought it was funny! After I put the boys in bed Aaron called back to tell me to get online and order myself a jogging stroller. He had gone online to order me one and found a few but wanted my approval. He know how picky I am and he wanted to make sure it had everything I wanted! I've been looking for one and just can't find one around here that I like. I was informed that I was to order one tonight! I just love him! Being ordered to shop is something you won't have to tell me twice! So I found one and hopefully it will be here early next week. Once it's here my goal is to get myself ready to run in the Equinox which is a marathon that will be held here on September 19. If I do the relay part I will have to run 8 miles. We will see how I do! So next week I plan to be pushing this beauty around!

I had to share these pics. Lane's new favorite toys are his tools. He will sit in the floor for the longest time playing with his tools. This morning he was carrying around his tool box! Last night he tried to put these "safety goggles" on. The first pic was when he tried to do it...the second is when I adjusted them for him. This little boy always makes my heart smile!