Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Our house!

While Aaron was home we were able to get a lot of things decided with the house. Now all papers are signed and things are under way...WE ARE BUILDING OUR FIRST HOME!!!!! We are soooo excited. We have lived in so many different places so I KNOW what we need and can't live without! We have hated our last two places so now to know that when we move we have a house of our own the we LOVE waiting for us is truly priceless! They have already started getting the land ready and then in August the house will start going up. I can't wait. My awesome realtor is going to send me pictures as the house goes up so I will be posting them as I get them. But to start with I have the builders sketch and the floor plan of the house. I mirrored the pictures because as long as the land allows it our garage will be on the left...my furniture fit better that way...Aaron swears I'm crazy...so some of the words are mirrored as well. I changed the important ones and labeled them what we will be using them for. We have 4 bedrooms, 3 full baths, and the boys have a huge playroom. Originally the house was suppose to have a two story entry but the thought of it terrified me. I could see Lane hanging from a second floor chandelier...so I had them close it off and add a floor. So not only did I create about 100 more square feet in our house, I gave myself a little reading area. The spot already had a window so I plan to put a chair there with a book case and dress it up a bit. Another thing I added is the storage closet across from the laundry room...yes I have a laundry room! So excited about that. Been waiting for one...well forever...well all my married life! So now we have around 2400 square feet of pure joy and love! And I get to personalize it all!!!!

Ours will be all vinyl siding. We could have bricked it but I had already maxed out the budget!!! Imagine that!

Downstairs...

Upstairs...I LOVE my closet...a closet big enough to have a window...yes this IS the house for me!!!!!

And this is our lot...of course it doesn't look like anything great right now...but just give it time!

So for my latest piece of excitement...Aaron and I were walking through Sears a few days before he left. I honestly had no intention of purchasing anything since our house would be coming with all our appliances...fridge, oven/stove, microwave, dishwasher, and garbage disposal. I just wanted to look...dream...and think about our new home. What I didn't expect was for Sears to have a sale that I couldn't refuse along with a fridge that both Aaron and I loved! So after talking with the realtor and builder we came to an agree...we would purchase our mac daddy awesomely huge refrigerator and they would use the money they planned to spend on a fridge upgrading all my other appliances to stainless steel!!!! So on Sunday I made my first appliance purchase. A 25 cu. ft., 36 in wide beautiful stainless steel fridge. Can you fall in love with an appliance...I do believe so because me and this beauty have a real connection!!!! Now I just can't wait to slide it in my new kitchen and fill it with all our stuff. So here she is...my sweet sweet baby...I mean refrigerator!!!

4 comments:

Aishlea said...

Hey! All your pictures from Aaron's R&R are great! Looks like you all had a great time and lots of fun!!!

I LOVE your house! It is so pretty and your floorplan is really nice!

And, as for affairs of the heart with appliances, I have one too with my fridge! We found it on major sale at Lowe's and it is the same style as yours, except in black. I love the freezer on the bottom and the big double doors. I think you'll like it too...plus the stainless steel upgrades will be wonderful if you ever sell your new house! :)

We are definitely up for a beach trip whenever you guys move home!!!

Brooke and David said...

Awesome! I am so so excited for you guys! A new house is something I am dreaming of as well. I am you are super excited to get our of Army housing and into something big and nice. The house is beautiful and I love the fridge! Can't wait to see how the house progresses!

K. Tilley said...

Hey Tiffany, don't know if you remember me from New Home (Brian's wife, Hayden's mother) Kerri. I've been reading your blog for months now but have never commented. See and talk to your grandmother sometimes. We go to church at Ider now but I miss everyone dearly at New Home.

You will love the new fridge. I have one just like it. Got it last summer when the one I had for 18 years died on me. Your new home is totally beautiful and I am so excited for you.

Love reading your blog....keep it up.

Kerri Tilley

Tiffany said...

I do remember you. Grandmother had told me that she had talked with you and that you have been reading along. Glad you enjoy it. I've never been much of a writter but I started this just for Aaron and it kind of got addictive! Now both of our families and friends we haven't seen in years keep up with us on this. So feel free to read along and comment anytime. Hope your doing well!