Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Smokiness

We have had a ton of forest fires burning in the area and they seem to be getting closer and closer. This has been going on since before Aaron came home. Most of today wasn't too bad but after I picked the boys up from daycare I noticed a smoke cloud rolling in. The boys were upset because I wouldn't let them go outside but after I put them in bed I walked out to check the mail and I was sooooo glad that I had made them stay in. This is a picture of Aaron's car...

Keep in mind that there are no trees anywhere near where we park our cars. This is a picture of my car. I had just driven it about 4 hours before and none of this was on there.

Aaron has been telling me that I need to get out of here but as bad as the smoke is I really don't want to leave. This is my home no matter how bad I hate it! According to everything I've read, as long as we stay in and don't breath the ash we should be ok. Just imagine smelling a campfire as it's going out. But it doesn't go out!

Well Aaron I know I told you I was working on something for you and I am but this computer keeps acting up more and more as the days go on. I'm going to have to go get it checked it out before it crashes and I lose all my pictures! So I'll get it posted...just might take longer than I planned. Oh and I made it to the post office...so the disc is in the mail! Well I'm off to bed. Nighty, Night!!!

No comments: