Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas Eve



Tonight we went to Amy's to celebrate Christmas. We had a good time but it was sad not having the guys there making tons of noise and driving us crazy. We had so much food and all we kept saying was, "wish the guys were here to eat all this food!" We girls just sat around and talked and the kiddos all played. Mine started getting tired so we headed home. Now they are in bed and I'm giving them a little time to fall asleep so I can wrap. I dread it. Not just because I have so much to wrap but because I'm doing it alone. Not that Aaron would be helping me wrap...but that's he's not here to talk to me while I'm doing it. He's not here to help me set everything up. He not here to eat the cookies and drink the milk. I'm doing my best to not let the tears start because I'm not sure when they would stop and I owe it to my boys to get everything ready in enough time for me to get some sleep so that I'm up when they are ready to get up. The house is just so quite. The last time Aaron deployed he came home for R&R on Christmas Eve. Talk about a great present. We didn't think he was going to get here until the day after even though he was suppose to be here on the 17th. He called the night of the 23rd to tell me to pick him up at the airport the next morning! That time it had been 8 months since I had seen him. But this time around him coming home now would have just made things harder. He's only been gone 3 months and Logan is still having a hard time adjusting. So if we can just hold out til July (when we are thinking he will get his R&R) then we are thinking everything will go better. Wow, that will be 10 months without see him...I think I can do...well, I know I can do it, I just don't have to like it!
Aaron called last night around 11:30PM. I was sound asleep...so much so that for a minute I couldn't figure out how to work the phone. Thankfully I did and got to hear his wonderful voice. We talked for a little while. He didn't even realize it was already Christmas Eve for him. My 11:30PM is his 11:30AM. I had to tell him that the next time he woke up it would be Christmas morning! Guess he's pretty busy. He did say that all the guys were getting tons of packages so that's good. He made me promise not to send anymore snack food for a while. He's trying to eat better and get in better shape. He's so much better at that stuff than I am. I love eating tons of faty food and have no self discipline to eat healthy. He hates that I have a mountain dew in the morning for breakfast! :) I love it! Good thing my parents passed along good genes or I would be as big as a house! Speaking of parents, my mom is getting her webcam hooked up so we are going to open presents "with" them tomorrow. So after we do our presents from Santa we will get on the computer with Grammy and Papaw. I can't wait to see my mom's reaction to her gift. I got her this beautiful red trench coat. She's going to love it. This will be my 3rd Christmas in a row away from my family. Wish I could say it gets easier but I can't. I miss them all so much. I'm just crossing my fingers that next year we will be A LOT closer to home! Well sometime tomorrow I will load some pictures from tonight but for now I'm going to get busy here. Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

Brooke and David said...

Merry Christmas Tiffany! Give the boys love for me!

You are such a strong lady...in our prayers. We love you guys!