Saturday, December 27, 2008

Day after Christmas

So since I've always heard that the day after Christmas has some really good sales, the neighbor and I decided that we would go. Our plan was to leave the older boys, her son is 4 almost 5, with her husband and she and I would take the little ones, her daughter is one day older than Lane. But the boys decided they wanted to go so off to Walmart we all went. Her hubby took Logan and Wyatt off to look around and I did some shopping for Logan's birthday, January 18. I decided to buy him a new TV since the one that is in his play room was mine when I was like 10 and it's only a 13 inch TV. You can barely see the thing and after watching it for any length of time it makes my eyes hurt. He is prefectly happy with it but I wanted to do something special for him. I found a 19" flat screen LCD for a good price so I got it. When I told Aaron that I got it he thought I was crazy for a second but when I explained my reasoning he agreed it was a good idea. Plus we can hang this one on the wall so it will be out of way. The only other thing I am going to get him for his birthday is a bean bag chair. There is a store here where you can make your own. He has been asking me all year for a spiderman birthday so I think I'm going to get him the spiderman bean bag chair. It's really cute. And then he has a cute little chair to watch his new TV in. So after Walmart Logan begged to stay with the neighbors. They were going to another store and they said they didn't mind taking him with them. So he went with them and I came home to put Lane down for a nap. When he was napping I finally shoveled my driveway and half way knocked some snow off Aaron's Explorer. I did as much as I could until my fingers started hurting so bad that I couldn't move them so I came in and put together this new shelf that I bought, of course after my fingers thawed out! It was really cheap but I needed a small bookcase so this works wonderfully!

I haven't quite finished loading it down but I do have my Twilight Series on there!!!! After the neighbor's got home I waited for Lane to wake up before heading over. They had invited me to come over to eat left overs...that dinner they made was so tasty! I ended up waking Lane up cause he had slept for almost 3 hours. When I got over there Logan still didn't want to come home. He was having a good time and they had bought him a couple of little toys. Finally I got him to head home. As we were walking over I notice that all 16" of snow was off Aaron's Explorer a feat that I've been putting off for way to long. It was my great neighbor who was out shoveling his driveway. He told me I shouldn't have shoveled mine earlier because he was planning to do mine as well. I was so happy and I couldn't thank him enough. Now if I can just get that thing cleaned out then hopefully I can get it sold! We didn't do to much here at the house. I ended up getting on the computer with Cori (my neighbor) and talking about Logan's birthday cake. She makes these beautiful cakes and she has offered to do Logan's. With all the cake talking, now I'm wanting to learn how to do them. She says it's easy but I think she means its easy for her. Not to sure mine will turn out but I'm going to try sometime. I found some that I really like and she swears it will be pretty simple. There is one that she and I want to make this summer and have a little cookout. (I'm sure most of it will be her work!) It's super cute. However in all our talking we have decided to have Lane and her daughter's first birthday together. She already had her cakes picked out so now our hope is for me to make one for the party too. We have a ton of ideas but I'll talk more about those later. I don't want to jinks myself! But I'm super excited. I'm putting these pictures down here just because Lane is such a cutie in this picture and I'm still in awe of my flowers. Hope you all enjoy your day. We are off to brave the -29 degree weather!

My flowers are still blooming. Every morning I wake up to find another one has bloom. And they still smell soooo good! This is one that opened up Christmas morning:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

-29 degrees? I complain when the weather is in the thirties! I can't imagine! I bet that has been a big change for you! Love the flowers..Is that a house plant? Surely it is..Hope you guys have a wonderful New Years! Stay warm! Lol.