Sunday, December 21, 2008

Santa Claus House

Here's a little information for those of you who don't know. There is a little town near where we live that is called North Pole. The town really plays on it's name all the way down to their street lights which are shaped like candy canes. Most of the streets have Christmasy names. And you can't have the North Pole without Santa. Santa's house is located on Santa Claus Lane. How fitting! It is a little gift shop that is open pretty much year round. They have an RV park for the summer visitors but as you can guess, Christmas is a very busy time for them. You should google the place sometime. It's pretty neat. Most letters that are addressed to "Santa" end up here at the Santa Claus House. And their workers try to answer as many as they can. I have a friend who works there answering letters and she loves her job. They definately play a big part in keeping Christmas real for a lot of children. They also have an ice park there right now but since it was -17 today we passed on that.

So since our first Christmas here we have gone there to have our picture made with Santa. The other two years Santa has looked a little different but he's still Santa! Logan has never been a big Santa fan. Oh he loves to look at him from a far but he has never wanted to sit with him or talk to him. The past two years I have told him that if he doesn't talk to Santa then Santa won't know what to bring him so I have gotten a few words out of him but nothing to really talk about. Lane is usually a very friendly baby and has never had a problem with people holding him so I thought that at least he would sit with Santa. So when our turn came Logan was covering his eyes and didn't want to sit with him. So Santa tells me to sit on the step and let Logan sit with me. I told Santa that I thought Lane would let him hold him but as soon as I put Lane in his lap he started screaming.

So Santa hands him back and we tried again. I wasn't really wanting to be in the picture but in order to get a picture of the boys even near Santa I had to. I just wish Aaron had been there to make the picture complete!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm such an airhead, I didn't mean to leave you 2 comments on your last post, I failed to see up top about you approving the comment, I thought my boys did something! I wish we had a north pole around here! That is really neat.

Brooke and David said...

Girl, I didn't know you had a blog!! I just found ya! Yeah, I'm so glad. Now I can keep up with you a little better. I'm not into the myspace thing as much as I used to be. I'm addicted to my blog!