Sunday, December 7, 2008

FRG and Work Christmas Parties

Yes, the boys match. All the way down to their socks! I think it's adorable and Aaron thinks it's the craziest thing he's ever heard of. He says, "they are not twins so why do you dress them like that!" I think it's cute and it makes for a great pictures!
I was so excited for the SEC Championship game to start. We didn't win but it was still a good game. 31-20. Both teams played hard but in the end Florida pulled it out. I was late for our Troop FRG Holiday Party because I was sucked into the game. Oh well it's in my blood I can't miss the big game! We had some good food and then Santa arrived. As usual Logan was terrified of him. He started hiding as soon as he walked in. I had to pull him closer to him so that he could get his present. I told him he didn't have to sit in his lap and that made him feel a little better. He went up and got his present and said thank you but I had to walk up there with him! As soon as he said thank you he turned and walked away to open his present. He got an Ants in the Pants game. He seemed to like it. He also won a big tonka truck in one of the drawings we had. It was the one drawing I was kind of hoping not to win...we don't need anymore big trucks around here...but he was excited to get it so I was glad to see him smile!
Then it was Lane's turn to get his present. He was checking out ole' Santa the whole time the other kids were getting their presents. When he got his present he acted like he didn't even notice it. I opened it and he barely looked at it and then crawled away. Sure glad I bought that! Once the presents were over I took the opportunity to sit Lane on Santa's lap. He continued to check him out.And then he finally looked at me and for a second there was a smile but by the time camera snapped this is what I got!
After we left I took the boys to Heather's so I could go to my work Christmas party. We were having an Ugly Christmas Sweater contest. I didn't win. The girl who did had made hers herself and it was complete with Christmas lights (yes the plug in kind) and bows. I was shocked to see that another girl was wearing my same sweater. Guess I'm not the only one who thought this thing was hideous!

Since when does Santa row a boat??? My secret Santa did not disappointment. She got me two books, some tree ornaments, and another bottle of wine...guess she's been paying attention when I talk about going insane! Her name is Jessica and she is a sweetheart. She had me fooled cause all week I was sure it was someone else. But the party was fun. I am going to try to get more pictures so when I do I will share. We took some group shots at the end so I'm sure those will be interesting. We are crazy fun bunch!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey! I just now noticed your comment. I think it's awesome to find someone on here that has something in common with me. I love that pic of your son sitting on top of the other! That is my life 24/7. I agree with you on the whole matching outfits thing, I love them to match. My husband just rolls his eyes at me too lol. About the twilight books, I am so hooked! I love those books! Have you seen the movie? I am going to steal your ugly christmas sweater idea, me and my sisters are having a girls christmas party and they will love it!