Friday, April 10, 2009

Getting ready for Easter

Thursdays are always a day I look forward to. Well mostly. It means I get to sleep late...later...as long the boys allow. Yesterday they let me sleep until 8...which for my early risers is fairly late! It started off as any normal day. Logan wanted to stay with me so I let him. We did a little shopping which started with Barnes & Noble. I bought two Nicholas Sparks books. I started reading Dear John. So far I'm really enjoying it mainly because so far it's made me think back and remember every detail of when I met Aaron. All those feelings of young first love just all come back to me and I fall more in love with him than ever. So much about the way the couple in the book meets makes me think of when I met Aaron. And the fact that "John" is in the Army helps. I'm not sure most of you know about how I met Aaron. It was truly love at first sight which I know most people don't believe in. But to give you a little timeline, we had declared our love for each other less than 2 weeks after we met. We had met each other's family in less than a month and married in less than two month. Everyone thought we were completely insane but we knew what we felt and we knew it was something we would never find with anyone else. We wanted to be together...what can I say! He captured my heart and refuses to give it back...and to be honest...I don't want it!

Back to our shopping trip. I was looking for something for the boys to wear to church on Easter. I looked and looked and but couldn't find anything until today. I ended up buying them matching outfits which Aaron thinks is crazy but I love dressing them alike. As long as Logan doesn't mind anyway. I ended up getting them shorts which is not really what I wanted but there wasn't much to choose from. They got blue plaid shorts with matching shoes and blue polos. Even Aaron admitted it "wasn't that bad!" I do dress them a little preppy or GQ as some would call it but I love it and they just look like little men. Logan likes it too. He's gotten more into what he wears and often picks out his shirt for the days. He likes wearing his little polos and will often ask me if he can wear one instead of a tshirt. So he likes looking good! Some clothes that I ordered for me a while back finally came in so the shirt I'm wearing is one of those new shirts. It's pretty springy looking. It's not warm enough here for me to wear a dress. The boys shorts are rather long so their legs are mostly covered. Even if it was warm enough, I haven't seen one I would be caught in. Shopping here is horrible.

Last night I watched Amy's kids for her while she went to school. We had an FRG meeting so I manned 4 kiddos while I was there. Can't say that I want to do that again though. When we got back to the house Amy showed up not too long after and then I got the boys ready for bed. They had been quite the handful most of the day yesterday so I needed the relaxing time. Of course that is when I dived into my book!
Today Logan went to school and I was back on my Easter clothes shopping quest. Aaron called and I got to talk to him for a while. He promised to call back later so he could talk to Logan. I ran in at work for a while and ended up having to get a TB test. That was loads of fun. Afterwards Lane and I picked Logan up and then headed home. Just in time to grab a phone call from Aaron. We also ended up getting to see him on the webcam so it was a great day. Both the boys were so excited to see him and Lane was getting mad because I wouldn't let him press buttons on the computer. He was quite the whiner tonight. He has developed a love for shoes. Lately he is always wanting me to put shoes on him. Anyone's shoes...my shoes, Logan shoes, and sometimes even his own shoes. Of course mine and Logan shoes come off him and he has trouble walking in them but he gets SO mad when that happens. Here's a picture from yesterday when he was trying to wear my shoe:And then one from today. He was wearing one of his shoes but trying to wear one of Logan's to. Of course Logan's was falling off. He was mad!
Logan dyed his Easter eggs tonight. He had a lot of fun. We made tie-dyed Easter eggs. They were pretty neat and easy for Logan to do. We also dyed a couple of solid ones to add stickers to. Yes Aaron I know I said I didn't have any stickers but one of the dying kits came with some. So Logan is excited to add the stickers after they dry...like his Daddy said to do!!! Here are a few pictures:

This was how you tie-dyed the eggs. You added the color and then put them in the bags and rubbed the egg until you had it like you wanted.He thinks this is so funny!

These are our master pieces! The little basket and teal/green egg that has the LP on it, Logan did at school. We still have two eggs in the dye...we are seeing just how pink and blue we can get them. Logan keeps asking me if Easter is tomorrow. He's so ready!Logan was pretty proud of his work. His hands are dyed for the next week I'm sure but oh well. It was fun. Lane however did this while we did the eggs.


He had fun to! Well I've got one boy in bed and the other has very heavy eyes. I'm going to watch the shows I recorded tonight and then head to bed to read my book. Nighty, night!!!

1 comment:

Aishlea said...

Love the tye-died eggs! :) Too cute.... I think Brandon & I are hunting eggs with Sophie tomorrow and I can't wait for that! Hope you guys have a happy Easter!