Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Wednesday

Aaron called this morning to tell us good morning...or good evening for him...while we were getting ready to head off to work and school. We didn't get to chat long but a simple hello can mean so much when you are this far away. Just to know he's ok and thinking about me is enough to brighten my day.

Lane stayed at Heather's today and Logan went to school. Heather's husband is home on R & R and I hated asking her to watch him but she and Josh wanted Lane to come over. Josh and Aaron grew up together so he's a bit closer to our boys. Josh did agree with me that Lane acts a LOT like his father!

When I got off work I picked up Logan but Heather and Josh were out and about so they asked if they could keep him longer. So Logan and I came home and I cooked dinner. We even had some ice cream together and watched cartoons...as if anything else comes on our TV. When Lane got home the boys were making up for time apart. They were rough housing so bad. I'm trying to not let it bother me but Logan is rather rough with Lane but Lane doesn't seem to mind. In fact Logan just pulled on Lane and Lane fell straight back on his head. He made this "owww" sounding noise and then started laughing. So I guess it looked and sounded worse than it was.

Logan however is mad at me right now because I won't give him ANOTHER snack. Remember we had ice cream after dinner. He barely ate any of his dinner so the ice cream was probably not what he needed in the first place. This kid would eat nothing but junk food all day if I would let him. I was taking a picture of Lane but ended up getting the greatest picture of Logan. Check out his face...this is him being mad at me! Lane is in the background climbing...imagine that...on his car seat. It's flipped over on it's back and he's standing on it. He's already fallen face first out of it but after a minute of crying he was right back to climbing.

One thing I forgot to mention in one of my post earlier in the week is that Lane had another checkup on his collar bone. It is healing great and he is not scheduled for anymore checkups. So we've made it through our first broken bone. I really wish I could say it was the last...but my gut tells me otherwise!

No comments: