By the time I got to work I was already exhausted. By 12:00 I just felt horrible. I ate some lunch thinking that might help but it made it worse. My stomach would just not settle and all I wanted to do was climb in bed and close my eyes. Work was rather slow today so I headed out around 1 and came straight home. I think I was already asleep before my head hit the pillow. I woke up a few time but I was up for good at 4:30. I had a ceremony I was suppose to go to tonight and I was debating on whether I should go or not. I wanted to but just didn't feel like going. I ended up throwing a skirt on and grabbed the boys. (At which time I realized it had started raining. Lovely! )They were providing free child care and I knew I would just be sitting so I thought I would survive. Half way through I was wishing I was still at home in my bed. But I was nominated as Volunteer of the Year by my FRG (Family Readiness Group...it an Army thing...we provide support to the families of all the soldiers. My job is to support the families of all the single soldiers in our troop...so I have about 30 families that I get to help and answer questions for...I love what I do!). I have to admit it did feel good to get nominated and not for any special recognition but that just lets me know that I'm doing a good job for my families and that they feel like they are getting the attention and dedication to the job that they deserve. Even more exciting is that our unit FRG was recognized as the FRG that logged the most volunteer hours this year post wide. So basically that means that our group works super hard and has spent more time than any other FRG at Ft. Wainwright. We were pretty honored!
The boys and I got home and finally ate the dinner that I had bought before the ceremony. The boys were fed snacks while in the child care there so they didn't get to eat their Burger King. They didn't seem to care that it was cold and refused to wait for me to heat it up. As soon as we were all changed and dinner was done I plopped myself down on the couch with a Theraflu in hand. Lane just went to bed and Logan will be heading that way in about 6 minutes! Then I'm off to bed myself. Hopefully tomorrow I will be felling a lot better. I want to go to work...I've kind of missed that place this week!
Tonight was the first night I wore my new shirt so I had to get a picture.

2 comments:
Hope you feel better soon. Man, sure seems like you guys just can't catch a break! Aaron needs to hurry up and get home so he can take care of his family! Mommy needs a break!
I love your new shirt! Where'd ya get it at again? And your hair is super cute these days!
Lovin' the new shirt! Hope you feel better!
Post a Comment