Tuesday, April 21, 2009

A little different Monday

Well I sort of feel like I've taken a mini vacation. I haven't worked since last Wednesday so by the time I go back it will have been a whole week. I have decided to take advantage of this time and do a little spring cleaning. Granted I'm not making myself sweat with serious working...but I'm giving myself about two month to get it all done!!! (Meaning by the time Aaron gets home!!!!) I plan to get rid of a lot of junk. I want to clean out a lot of the boys toys and get rid of the "baby" toys because Lane doesn't play with them anymore. Also I have all my baby stuff, like the swing, bassinet, bouncy seat, that I want to get rid of. Unless God has other plans there will be no more little ones running around this house! You know it's amazing how much junk you accumulate over the years. The Army moves us based on weight so in order not to go over our allotted weight (if we go over the weight we pay the difference) I need to rid our self of the stuff we never use. And hopefully this winter we will be moving!!!!!

One thing I notice I accumulate a lot of is paper. Everywhere I turn I see paper. Whether it's drawings that Logan has done, or bills, or magazines. There is always some kind of paper in my way. So yesterday I rid myself of a lot of that. I'm having a really hard time deciding what to do with all Logan's "art" work. Some of it I just can't keep. Everyday he comes home with two or three half pieces of construction paper and it has maybe one crayon mark on it. Some people may think I'm mean but if I saved every one of those we would be swimming in paper! So I've made a rule. If it comes home with a date and a description (sometimes they write what it is or what they were doing when he drew it) then those will be kept. Believe me, I'm still keeping a ton of stuff!!! Now I've got to get something to keep it in. I have these little keep sake boxes for both of them but they are both already full.

So in the attempt of not getting discouraged in my spring cleaning, I'm starting small. I decided yesterday to clean the counter. I have this counter that really serves no other purpose other than to hold my junk. If my table wasn't so big I guess I could put bar stools up there but since it's big...the counter has become my catch all. And do mean catch ALL! I'm really embarrassed to put this picture up but I'm pretty proud of the job I've done so I will. Some people have a catch all drawer...I had a catch all counter!

Yes I know it's horrible. So yesterday I put most of this in the trash and found homes for the rest. Now that looks like this!Now I'm working on the kitchen which really just needed a deep cleaning although I do plan to organize the pantry a little better and then comes the living room and the boy's playroom. I'm kind of waiting for Lane to get a little better at going down the stairs so that I can leave the gate off the stairs. My plan is to move ALL the boys toys up to the playroom and reclaim my living room. Right now it's over run with toys!

Yesterday afternoon Logan wanted to go for a walk. So we did. The sun was out but there was still a chill in the air. My hands were pretty cold by the time we got back. We did walk behind our house...and this is what my backyard looks like!

Still way to white for my taste! Well I'm about to get busy with my cleaning. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Aishlea said...

Wow...inspired by your spring cleaning! Now that tax season is over, I need to do that this weekend!

Anonymous said...

Glad to see that I am not the only one whos kitchen counters are over run with papers and stuff! I clean it off and it keeps coming back...