Tuesday, April 21, 2009

More cleaning!

My plans changed a little from what I thought I was going to do today. I decided to go through our storage/coat closet. The closet the goes under the stairs wraps all the way around so we use that for our storage plus it hold shoes and coats...and lately whatever else didn't have a home! Lane and I went to Walmart after dropping Logan off at school and got some organizational tools. I needed some boxes to store stuff in and to organize everything so I could find it. I ended up pulling some of the stuff out of storage and going through it and throwing some away. I found myself wondering why we moved some of that junk into this house instead of just throwing it away then. I couldn't tell you why we saved it! So now it's in the trash and everything is put back where I know where it is. If you want to know where our family videos are...I know where they are! If you want to know where my cross stitching stuff is...I can get right to it!!! If you want to know where my Kate Spade purse is that I forgot I had...I can find it!

After picking Logan up we headed back to Walmart for a few more things. I needed some of those little plastic drawers to finish up the closet. We needed somewhere to put our hats, gloves, and scarfs. I needed a place to put some of my crafty stuff that I use regularly...like stuff to wrap gifts and markers and paper for Logan to draw with, and glue, and my glue gun. You get the point. We also needed something to put keep sake stuff in. I got a box for each of the boys and one for Aaron and I. Now I have somewhere to put all those birthday cards I've been saving. Everything is now stored away and LABELED! Got to love a label maker.

So once again, before and after pics. Remember though it is a storage closet so it can't be all perfectly decorated!
Logan wants to keep his shoes all the way in the back so that he has a reason to walk in there. He thinks it's so neat for some reason. Both of the boys decided this was a fun play area. I had to boot them both out before they started pulling stuff out of the drawers!

Well I'm off to get ready for bed. Back to work tomorrow so all this cleaning will have to go on hold. I'm motivated though...it will get done!!!!

2 comments:

Aishlea said...

Man.... you are dedicated! :)

Brooke and David said...

You are rockin' and rollin' now girl!