Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Attack of the Mosquitos!



Today was super busy. I pretty much ran around like a chicken with my head cut off all day! But it was still a good day. We had to drive "Daddy's car" today. Of course my car is not good enough for Mr. Logan. When I picked them up Logan walked outside and said in a very excited voice, "Daddy's car!!!!!" The boys and I came home and I cooked dinner. Of course neither of them ate any of it. Logan spent dinner time begging to go outside and Lane was actually throwing his food so he was removed from the table. About 5 minutes later he started screaming. I thought he was just mad but he kept going and stomping his feet. I got to looking and noticed he had two mosquito bites on each foot. I don't remember seeing them when I took his shoes and socks off but I guess I could have missed them. By the way he acted I thought he was in pain. I guess he just didn't understand that itching sensation. Or maybe it did hurt, I don't know. I put some "after bite" cream on there and he seemed better. Then he started a fit because I would not let him have the cream with the lid off. He was crying and screaming. I decided to put him in the bath thinking that might help the itching stop. Well that only made it worse. The moment I started washing his hair he flipped out. I don't know what was wrong with him. He was screaming and acting like he was in serious pain. I felt so bad for him and I couldn't comfort him which made it worse. I took him out of the bath and wrapped him in a towel and finally found a position he was content with. He calmed down a little and I gave him some Benedryl. I went back upstairs to put him in the bath to finish and he started the screaming again. I washed him as fast as I could then put him in his jammies. After I held him for a minute he fell asleep in my arms. He seems to be ok now but he has 11 bites that I've found all over his body. He was really tired too so I'm sure that didn't help. But can you be bit too many times? I'm taking the electric fly swatter to the bedrooms tonight and hunting down those vampire bugs! I was itching like crazy all day. There were 7 bites on my arms this morning! I hate not having central air. And then Logan fanning the door 10 times in an hour doesn't help keep them out either!





Aaron called last night. He was doing good. He will be starting his journey in less than a week. Most likely just two more weeks and we will see him! Well I'm off to call Logan in and get his bath. Then it is bedtime for us.

2 comments:

Aishlea said...

Poor Lane! I hate getting eat up with mosquitos! Stupid bugs.... I would think you wouldn't have many of them up there, but you seem to have an overpopulation! I hope he gets better and you can get rid of the bugs!

Brooke and David said...

Those Alaska State Bugs are the devil!