Friday, June 5, 2009

Happy Anniversary

Today, June 6, is a very special day. 5 years ago today Aaron and I vowed to love each other forever. We had a very small little ceremony by the river at Ft. Campbell. We stood on this cute little bridge in front of a few friends. It wasn't anything elaborate. In fact I wore a little pink dress and Aaron was in a black button down with khakis. But non-the-less...it was perfect. We have always said that we were going to have a larger wedding where our family could attend and we do still want to. Hopefully once we get back south we will be able to plan our vow renewal ceremony.

In the past 5 years a lot has happened. The weekend I met Aaron was suppose to be a "girl's" weekend. In fact I didn't even want to go! My best friend Karey talked me into riding with her to visit a high school friend whose husband was stationed at Ft. Campbell. After her persistent begging I agreed and off we went. Little did I know that the man of my dreams was waiting on me. Aaron and I were drawn to each other from the moment we laid eyes on each other. Our immediate connection makes me believe in love at first sight! I tried not to like him (girl's weekend remember!) but I couldn't help myself. I just couldn't resist that charm! By the time I left that weekend everyone was already calling us husband and wife. I told my mom a few days later that I would marry that man. The very next weekend I was on the road to visit him again. The weekend after that he came down to visit me. Every weekend for a month and half we were together and every day in between we spend HOURS on the phone with each other...and believe me...I might be one of the only women on earth that HATES talking on the phone, but I can talk to Aaron for hours and not even realize it! He proposed to me before he left for work one morning as I was getting ready to head back to Bama. May 30, 2004. I was back to see him the next day. The Friday before we married he asked me if I wanted to get married that weekend. I said yes. So we got our marriage license and lined up a preacher. I called my mom on Saturday night I believe and told her what we were planning. She was disappointed that she couldn't be there and that is honestly the only regret I have about the whole thing. I do wish our families could have been there but I love how spur of the moment it was...we knew what we wanted and we wanted each other. I don't think anyone thought we would last but we knew what we felt and we knew we were suppose to be together. And now 5 years later we are still going strong. We have made it through two year long deployments (well almost!), we have survived living in Alaska which has truly been a test because we really only have each other here! Poor Aaron has survived two pregnancies...I say it that way because I'm not the easiest person to live with when I'm pregnant. Of course I would never admit that while I'm pregnant! He is truly my other half and I can't wait to have him back in my arms. He completes me!!!!
Happy 5 years Babe!!!!! I love you more!!!!
So today the boys and I met up with Susan and her boys for lunch. It was the first time the boys had met. They didn't really talk too much but I'm sure once they are turned loose outside they will bond in an instant. We came home for nap time after that and then met back up with them for story time at the library. Logan wasn't too interested and Lane was getting bored so we head to Walmart and picked up a few things. After dinner we sat around. The boys were fighting and being really loud. Aaron called and I got to tell him Happy Anniversary even though it wasn't technically our anniversary for me. It was the 6th for him.
We are planning to drive down to Anchorage while he is home for R&R. So tonight I did a little hotel searching and made reservations at one. We will be spending 3 nights at this hotel!
While we are down there we are going to the Zoo and of course Chucky Cheese. Aaron is super excited about that...don't let him tell you otherwise!!!! (LOL) I plan to do some shopping! We don't have major plans. From the looks of this hotel I would be content just sitting around and watching my boys play...meaning all 3 of them! Aaron and I do have plans to celebrate our anniversary one night while he is here. I've got my outfit all planned out! I can't wait!
See you in a few weeks lover!!!!!! I miss you so much!

No comments: