Sunday, June 14, 2009

Chalkboard platter

This is my latest craft project. I bought this silver tray at the thrift store for $6.99. It is super heavy but heavily tarnished. I cleaned it up and then decided to paint the edges. Then I painted the inner part with chalk board paint. After it dried I sanded the edges a little to give it the aged look. I finished it off with our countdown to Daddy and a cheap plate holder from Walmart. I call it my super fancy chalkboard!!! I may add a little more color but I'm going to wait until we move first just so I can make sure it will match my new kitchen!!!!

This is what I started with...

After it was painted...

And the finished product...the blah colors in my kitchen make it look super white...but I would love to have more white in my new kitchen!

A little closer look...

1 comment:

Aishlea said...

Cute platter! I saw this on another blog, but they left the platter silver. I like yours painted white much better! I should do this for our kitchen cause it looks really cute in yours!