Today has been a really nice day. The boys and I got up around 9 and had breakfast. We all got dressed and I dropped the boys off at school a little before 10. Today was my day and I was determined to enjoy it. I love doing crafty stuff and with at least one of the boys ALWAYS with me unless I'm at work I don't get to do any crafts. They are always in the middle. So after I dropped them off I went to JoAnn's to pick up the supplies for a baby gift I was planning to make. I have to give full credit for the idea to my cousin Aishlea. She made these cute little hair bow holders and I fell in love with them. Stuff like that makes me long for a girl...but then I remember just how crazy my life is now and I am once again completely content with just the two boys we have! I will just be the crafty friend who makes cute things for their friend's little girls! Hopefully they won't mind! So I get to work on my hair bow holders. Amy's baby is due any day now so I've put it off til the last minute. But that's me...I love to procrastinate! Plus I like to see things from beginning to end in a matter of hours and then I have to share it. I don't have much patience! Secrets kill me! I was so excited that they turned out worthy of giving as a gift. I guess I failed to mention that although I love crafts....I'm a perfectionist so most of my crafts end up in the garbage. But these turned out cute and Amy loved them. I ended up making one for the new baby, Madisyn, and her other little girl, Abby, who will be two in September. Kind of an early birthday present you could say! But the girls will be sharing a room so they both needed one! Now I'll have to give them a new bow every birthday!
Tonight was our FRG meeting so after picking up the boys we headed off to that. The boys ran wild and I enjoyed chatting with the ladies. Amy's husband is coming home for R&R tonight so she was beyond anxious and trying to pass the time until his plane arrived. She wanted to surprise her son, Logan (almost 4) so the plan is that Amy is picking up Josh and bringing him to my house where I am watching the kiddos. So when they get here I will send all the kids upstairs and Josh and Amy will walk in. Then we will call Logan and Abby down and take pictures as they round the corner and figure out their daddy is here!!!! I can't wait to see their excitement. I'm am so happy for them and excited that Josh will be here for the birth of their third child! I do have to admit that I'm a bit jealous...I want Aaron here too! But by the time Josh heads back Aaron will already be on his way home!!!!!!
Well tomorrow I'm going to get busy organizing this house. I went to Walmart today and bought a shredder. On the way out I just walked out like normal. You know how they have the door greeters and sometimes they speak to you and sometimes they don't. I've walked out with $100 items and they have never asked for a receipt yet today as I walk out with my $25.00 shredder I almost get trampled by this rather large lady. I swear she came out of nowhere. I hear "Ma'am, ma'am" and as I turn this lady is literally running at me. "I need to see your receipt for the shredder!" Ok, that's not a problem but it was kind of embarrassing. I showed her the receipt and all was well but it still makes me chuckle when I picture the incident in my head! So tomorrow I will be a shedding queen. Hopefully I will get a lot done!

1 comment:
Oh, your bow holders are sooo cute! I think yours turned out better than mine. I like the letters you used better.... and the decals are too cute!
Post a Comment