Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Yesterday and today

Sorry I didn't write yesterday...Lane is sick and wouldn't let me do anything other than baby him...which of course I took full advantage of! He woke up Monday morning with a 101.6 temp. My guess was teeth or an ear infection. I was right...ear infection in the left ear. My awesome babysitter...aka neighbor...aka Nana...was nice enough to take Lane for me since after the Motrin kicked in he seemed to be feeling fine. So I went to work until his doctor appointment at 11:30. He was diagnosed and then we picked up his meds. Basically his teething is causing sinus problems and that led to the ear infection. He wasn't contagious and as long as his fever was down he was running wild as usual and when he was feeling bad he just slept. So I got in a days work and spent last night holding him, wrestling him, and of course let him sleep in the bed with me! He is on his antibiotics and I'm still having to give him meds for his fever. It seems to come back as soon as the meds wear off. Such the little trooper though. Logan is doing just fine. I think I should have his ears checked as he seems to have trouble hearing MY voice. Or maybe we should just call that selective hearing...specifically MY voice...that was passed through the gene pool from his father! LOL...just picking on you honey!!!!

Last night right before going to bed I noticed I had a message on the answering machine. It was the people from the daycare that Logan goes to telling me that Lane was finally given a slot. He's been on the waiting list for over a year! I was so excited. I called them back first thing this morning and accepted the slot. I had a dentist appointment (cleaning) this morning so I was already going to be late for work so I just ran by and did the paperwork for Lane. He will start on Monday. I am so excited. That means both boys will be in full time daycare so I will be able to have a real off day. One that involves sitting at home undisturbed, or taking care of my running around without chasing kids in the process, or cleaning my house and not having it re-dirtied (I'm pretty sure that's not a real word...but should be as it happens at my house all the time) as soon as I put all the toys away! Plus it will be nice picking up the boys and dropping them off in the same place. Logan is super excited...he's been wanting Lane to go to "his school."

Work was pretty busy. We have started our summer rush. Everyone with wisdom teeth or a tooth ache seems to need to have it taken care of during this time of year. Which helps the day to fly by...we just sometimes forget to breath during the process. I was in a pretty good mood today...not sure why...could have been because of the daycare news, or the fact that my teeth were super clean...but I'm pretty sure it's because in less than a month my hubby will be sitting next to me! (Yes I'm sure your tired of hearing about that...but I'm going to keep talking about it anyway!) That just plasters a perma-grin on my face!!!! The fact that I work with some pretty awesome girls does help some too though!!! We always find a way to have a good time despite the madness!

Well Logan is off at the playground with the little girls next door and I'm sitting here with Laner who is cuddled up on my lap watching cartoons. He's still got a little fever and I'm sure that ear bothers him a little too. I going to get back to cuddling with my baby...hope your day was great too!!!!

No comments: