Saturday, August 15, 2009

Lane's first bowling trip

Lane got to bowl for the first time last night. He loved it. In fact I couldn't get him away from the lane and he wanted to push everyone's ball for them. We went with Amy and Mel and their kiddos. All the kids had a blast. But it was a crazy adventure. Between helping kids bowl and taking kids to the bathroom I don't think I got to sit for more than 10 minutes. And I didn't get to finished my yummy patty melt until it was cold! The kids were still FULL of energy after the bowling so we headed off to McDonald's for ice cream and play time. Aaron called while we were there so I got to chat with him for a while. He was doing good...still a little bored though. After MickeyD's Logan begggggggged to go to Logan Joshua's for a little more play time. So I gave in because even though it was late both boys were wide awake. We stayed for just a short time but it was enough to satisify Logan. After we got home we did "Daddy's day." Normally Lane is sleeping when we do it or he's off playing and not paying attention but last night he did it with us. Logan always counts all the days that have passed and after Lane heard this he started trying to count. He was sticking his first finger out and making a few noises. His favorite was five which he would emphaise a lot more than the rest. It was so cute...he kept doing it over and over and even some this morning.
These shoes were just too cute on him.
Amy used to keep Lane when he just a few months old...back then he was so tiny and this motion glider just swollowed him whole...last night he wanted to sit in it...he's not so tiny anymore!!!
As for the rest of yesterday I was super busy. The boys went to school and I worked on the single soldiers stuff. I finally got in the rooms after lunch. Mel came and helped me. We hung shower curtains and welcome home signs on the guys doors. I still have so much to do but I'm at a stand still until we get the sheets for their beds...which hopefully will be on Monday. Next weekend will be super full of single soldier room decorating! But after that it should be done and then soldiers will be arriving home!!!! Of course Aaron is on the last flight home so I'm stuck waiting a little longer than my friends...but he is completely worth the wait!!!!

Here are a few more bowling pics...hes mad in this picture because I held the ball in place until I had the camera ready to snap the picture...every time I sat the ball down he wanted to push it right away so I never got any good pictures...without making him mad!
This was Abby's first time bowling too. She was a little better at letting Lane have a turn...he wanted to take her turn and Logan's and who ever else got in his way!
Logan wasn't too into the bowling last night...he wanted the eat the whole time...which is unusual for him but everytime his turn came I had to pull him away from his chicken and fries.

No comments: