Sunday, August 23, 2009

Mommy and boys time

This weekend ended up being fairly relaxing which was just what we all needed. I got to spend a lot of time with my baby boys. The weather was perfect. Yesterday we went to the park. Pioneer Park was having military appreciation day. The kiddos got to make their own candy... And they gave out free hotdogs!
The Ft. Wainwright firetruck was there. Logan was scared to get in it because he didn't want the siren to come on. But fearless little Lane climbed right in.
We let the kids play at the playground for a while and then we headed off to do some shopping. We looked for some shoes and then checked out Old Navy. They were having a nice sale and I ended up getting at least two things for each of us for an awesome price. I just love shopping! Mel and I carried the boys to McDonalds after all the shopping. They played for a while before heading home.
I was lucky enough to get to sleep in a little this morning. We lazed around all morning. About the only productive thing I did was laundry. Mr. Lane crawled into my bed and fell asleep for his mid day nap. He's just so sweet!Before we headed off to Walmart the boys played some more. I caught them doing this!
Too fun! After Walmart we headed off to Mel's. She was helping me pick out my outfit for the homecoming! I have two outfits and I can't decide. Now as long as I find all the right accessories I know which one I'm wearing! Tonight the boys were being super sweet. After bathtime we laid in Logan's bed and read a book. Then we tried to teach Lane how to show off his muscles. He was being so funny and could stop not laughing. Then I would close my eyes and pretend I was sleeping. The boys would try to wake me up. Logan was even prying my eyes open. Then I would say "boo" and they would just giggle and giggle. Those two are truly the light of my life!
Tomorrow is Logan's first day of real preschool. He's nervous. I know he's going to love it. But he's a shy one so it will take him a day or two to warm up to his new teachers. So say a little prayer for him. He's getting so big!

No comments: