Friday, January 9, 2009

Hockey night

Logan standing by the glass watching the game...
Logan had me take this picture. Not sure why but he said, "mom get your camera and take a picture." I took one but he had me take another...this one he approved!


Most of today I spent cleaning. My room was never really completely unpacked until today...how sad is that. We've been here since May! Finally today I got it all organized. You can actually walk in my room without stepping around clothes and boxes and whatever other junk was crammed in there! Funny thing is...when Logan walked in my room after it was all done he said, "wow mom your room in clean. I like your chair and your bed...it's so nice!" You know you've really made a difference when an almost 4 year old notices! Then he asked, "mom can you clean my room!" Hahahahahaha! I wish I could say that the rest of my house is as clean as my room and bathroom but that would be a lie! Now that the room is clean though I realized how bad I need some pictures on the walls in there. I do have most of the walls covered with stuff but in my room it's bare and now that the room is free of the junk it's in need of some decorating! I did laundry all day too. I'm still not finished but it's getting there. Two more loads I think. I had to pause my cleaning to get dressed. We had plans with Heather to go to the Ice Dogs hockey game and McDonalds. We went to MickeyDs first and let the kids run wild. They had a blast. Then we went to the game. On the way in Logan was being goofy and running around and ran right into Joey. Logan fell and since he had refused to put his gloves on his hands got cold. Well when it's -45 your hands are cold anyway and we all know how your fingers start to hurt when they are cold. He was screaming. I was carrying Lane so Heather grabs Logan and we run in as fast as we could. Once inside Heather takes Lane so I could help Logan and try to calm him down. Nothing worked. He was hysterical. I was trying to warm his hands but he was crying and screaming like something was seriously wrong. Once we sat down I was trying to love on him and get him to calm down but he was screaming "take me home!" He doesn't like the loud noise at the games and since he was already worked up this just gave him another reason to be mad. Some how I managed to catch a football that they were throwing in the crowd all while holding Logan (I was pretty impressed by myself!). He didn't want anything to do with it. A lady sitting close to us gave him a frisbee...he didn't care...he was mad! Finally after about 15 minutes he calmed down and sat beside me. About five minutes later he was fine and playing with the other kids. Thankfully! Lane had been pretty quiet the whole game but at the beginning of the 3rd he perked up. He started dancing to the music and clapping. It was so cute. After the game we all bundled up to brave the cold. Two adults towing five kids in freezing weather is not fun! But we did it. Logan was begging to go with Heather who was going back to McDonald's to meet Katrina who had been at the game with us for a little while. Lane was beyond tired so I knew I better get him home before the crying started. Heather wanted to take Logan so I let her. Logan was so happy. "Bye mom, I love you!" Once in the car Lane was screaming. It was 10 and he rarely stays up past 8:30. So now I'm home and Lane is in the bed and Logan is out being wild I'm sure. He will sleep good tonight!

Aaron called while we were at the game. I talked with him for a little bit. He was bored. I hate it when they get bored. I mean, if your going to take him away from me for a year at least have something for him to do. Chances are they have something to do but Aaron is an action type of guy so if he not doing "his job" then the rest is boring to him. Which I guess I can see his side to it. I mean sometimes it's nice to not do anything but when your away from your family you want to at least feel like your doing what you were trained to do or something you feel is important. Plus if they are busy they don't have much time to think or miss home. Hopefully the next few days won't be too bad for him. Maybe that means I will get a little spoiled with phone calls or internet time! We shall see I guess......

1 comment:

Brysmommy, Kenswifey said...

Hey..yes, you will need to email me, so that I can send you an "invitation" to join ours..and when you go to our website, it will just ask for your email and password to sign in..and if I haven't approved your email, it won't let u..much more secure..I think!