Today I am so proud to post that Matthew's surgery went well. He is currently recovering and the doctors are very optimistic. I talked to Paige tonight, Matthew's sister, and she said that although he is swollen he still looks good. He has a slight ridge on his head where they put the new bone piece but the doctor says that should settle. At this point though...if it makes him feel better a ridge is the last of worries! His congestion has come back so he was having a tough time with that tonight which has to painful. Coughing without moving your head is next to impossible. The doctors will be doing another CT Scan on him in the next day or two. The doctor did say he could tell how much the shunt was over-shunting just by looking at the CT Scan that was done right before Thanksgiving compared to the one done on Monday. They are pretty confident that this new shunt will help him a good bit. Paige said the doctor told them they set the shunt on two...not quite sure the meaning of that though. So if anyone does please share.
Paige did say that Matthew was awake after his surgery. He is in a room...not ICU...and he was looking around. Paige said Matthew just looked at her for a long time...I can only imagine how much he has to say. The doctors believe that if all goes well Matthew will be able to go back home by this weekend. Once home and once Pam and Jim feel he is ready they will start doing his physical therapy and working hard to get him ready for rehab. Jim has always been able to push Matthew...in a good way...so he is great at getting Matthew to work hard at getting better and keeping his spirits high. While talking with my friend Angela she said it well...it's like he has to "recover...to recover." Matthew has to get to a point where the people at the rehab feel he will benefit the most from rehab. Until he gets to that point there is really no point in having him go. So until he gets a little more alert he will do his rehab at home. So please keep him in your prayers!
Another blessing today, Lane had a great day at the new sitters. He was in a good mood when I picked him up. This sitter also keeps a little boy who just turned 1 and she was thinking it would be good for both of the boys to play together. She said what she didn't expect is for Lane, the smaller one, to be the more aggressive one. She said that if the other boy had something Lane wanted, Lane took it. Great...I have the bully! I've got to work on that. He's so used to playing with Logan who is so rough with him that he doesn't understand that he has to be gentle with kids his age. I've said along he's going to be a tough one...now I've just got to teach him to share!!!!!
Well I'm off to get ready for bed. I got off early at work today...well if you call 4:45 early...and tomorrow is going to be crazy. Another day with two doctors and only the normal staff for one doctor! Say are prayer for us!!!!!!!
2 comments:
I am so glad to hear the good news! That is wonderful!
Tiff I am SO glad to hear Matthew is doing well. I never did tell you, but I worked at a place for "medically fragile" children and though I know he is no longer 'a child' I have seen many and great, unexpected even, recoveries. So my thoughts and prayers are with him, you, and your families!
Post a Comment