Sunday, May 24, 2009

26 already?????

This morning started off with a sweet birthday phone call from Aaron. Of course it wasn't as nice as having him here to say it but at least hearing happy birthday from him first thing in the morning was the next best thing. Yes that is right, today was my birthday. 26 whole years! Strange how up until you turn 21 you can't wait for your birthday...now it just isn't that exciting anymore!!! LOL! The boys and I headed off to church and then home to have a nap. I told the boys all I wanted for my birthday was for them to be good. Well...they didn't really give me what I wanted...but I enjoyed my time with them just the same.

After our naps we headed to McDonald's with Amy, Logan Joshua, and Abby. The kids played for a while and then it was off to Cold Stone for some birthday ice cream. Lane LOVED the ice cream and couldn't get enough. He was not ready to leave! We then headed home to be lazy. The boys played outside for a while and then Logan headed off to the big playground with the neighbors and I brought Lane in to get ready for bed. This little guy is refusing to lay down! He never stays up this late but right now he's running around wild. Maybe there was a little too much chocolate in his ice cream!!!! Logan had a lot of fun playing and now he's driving his cars on the couch. Overall it's been a good day. Next year my birthday will be awesome...not only will Aaron be around but I will be close to home so I might even get to see my family too!!!!

One more month babe...and you will be here by my side!!!!! I miss you so much!

2 comments:

Aishlea said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!

Hope your day was great!!

26 does feel older...until you get to 27! haha

Brooke and David said...

Hope you had a great birthday! I know it would have been better with Aaron by your side. I can't believe it's just a month until he gets to come home. Maybe not for you, but time seems to have flown by! I can't believe I've been away from David since January and that our wedding is just over 3 months away. The wedding I never thought would arrive!! :)

He's almost home...hang in there! Happy Memorial Day! You are one of the strongest ladies I know! I admire you and your beautiful family for the sacrifices that you have made. We love you guys!