Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Updates...Logan, Matthew, and Grandmother


This morning Logan and I headed off to the doctor's office. The doctor agreed with me that his arm needed to be better secured. He said that sling was doing nothing for him so he sent us over to Orthopedics to have either the sling adjusted or a new one put on. The people in orthopedics were going to put him in one of those slings that wraps around your waist and connects to your arm but he was too small for it. So they had to get creative. I mentioned how Lane's was strapped down with the ace bandage and they said, "thanks for the idea!" So they left the sling on and also wrapped the ace bandage around his upper body securing his arm in place. The only thing he could move were his fingers. They also gave him some stronger pain meds but I don't want to use them unless I really have to. He has said that today his arm felt better. They said he did better at school today so I was so happy to hear that.


The weather was a little cold out today and the wind was blowing which made it feel colder. Logan was so mad because I wouldn't get the truck out because I didn't want him to stay out to long. The last thing I need is for them to get sick! So we had dinner around 6:30 and then went straight to the bath. We were all bathed and back downstairs to relax by 7:30.


I talked with my mom tonight and she told me that Matthew had been put back in the hospital. He has been having a few rough days and at the request of the neuro doc they took him back to the hospital. They believe he has an infection but so far the test have shown nothing conclusive. Please keep him in your prayers as well as Pam and Jim.


My Grandmother took her first round of chemo yesterday. Everything went well and she said she felt fine while the treatment took place. She told mom today that she is still feeling great and doesn't feel any different (meaning she doesn't feel any of those bad effects from the chemo)! Praise be to God. Please keep her in your prayers. She will have her next round of chemo in 3 weeks so please keep praying that she will feel good and everything will go as well as possible.


Well I'm off to wrestle with a little one year old who is slapping my leg really hard! He thinks it's hilarious that it's hurting me. He has started trying to bite me from to time...Logan was never a biter...but go figure...this kiddo is completely different! I just can't help but love him just the same though!!!!!! Those little dimples get me every time!!!!!!!


Night night!

No comments: