The boys and I slept in a little yesterday morning..."in" meaning about 8:30! When they got up both were in good moods and we played in the house for a bit then we headed outside. The neighbors were out so Logan had plenty of kiddos to play with. Around 1:00 I called them in for naps and then I sat down to relax. I started checking emails and there it was. An email that no one ever wants to get...my Granny (my real Dad's mom) had passed away. My cousin Jamie was letting me know that she had died around 2AM Friday morning. Jamie didn't have my phone number but we email a good bit so that was the only way she knew to get in touch with me. Granny had been in the hospital since she was in a wreck early last winter but she was doing good. In fact they were planning to let her come home next week. They said she just went to sleep and didn't wake up. I found out at 1:40 so of course the first thing I did was check plane tickets. Even if I paid the $1300 per ticket to get there my plane wouldn't arrive until 4:30 PM on Saturday. The funeral was today at 2. There was no way I could make it in time. So I decided to stay home and here I was so mad and angry about living in Alaska. I ended up crawling in the bed with the boys and taking nap myself.
When I woke up I did feel a little better. I worked on some stuff in the house while the boys played outside. The neighbors offer to watch the boys while I worked in the house. Which was great because I needed to get some things done but the boys refused to stay in the house especially with everyone else outside. While I was working I see a chair fall off my porch and then Logan started screaming. (I think one leg of the chair wasn't on the porch so when he sat on it the chair and him fell off.) I run out the door and the guy next door was already helping him up. I brush the dirt off Logan and ask him where he hurts. He grabs his right shoulder. I immediately panic...I mean I just nursed another kid with a broken collarbone...so what do you expect me to think! I notice that there is a knot...like an under the skin kind of knot and my gut said "it's broken!" Well Logan stops crying and I bring him inside. He lays on the floor and we put ice on it. He wouldn't really let me look at it too much but when I did it didn't feel the way Lane's did. With Lane's I could literally feel the bone move and I couldn't with Logan so I just tried to calm my nerves and told myself not to over react.
Well about 45 minutes later my phone rings. It was Mr. Aaron J. He told me the BEST new I think I've heard in three years! (Well other than that Lane was born a healthy baby!!!) WE GOT A YES TO FT. CAMPBELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We are coming home!!!!!!!!! As of right now our report date is February 10, 2010 but Aaron feels that day may move up. No papers are signed yet but they soon will be so I will definitely let you know when it is all official!!! Aaron was just as excited as I was. He told me had a perma-grin since he found out! I can't stress enough how much we loved living at Ft. Campbell. Aaron has even said before that he wouldn't mind retiring there. We really love that area and have been regretting leaving there since before we even left! That is really kind of home for us...that is where Aaron and I met...that's where we got married...that's where we had our first home...our first child...that's where we first created our life together. There are so many memories there and I can't wait to be "home!"
Around 7:30 we were finally dressed and out the door. Heather was having a cookout and we were invited. Once we got there I was still keeping an eye on Logan. He was still complaining about his shoulder hurting. Logan didn't really play. He sat and played video games with Jakey while all the other kids played. We ended up walking to a little park and he tried to play but when he went to climb on one of the toys he couldn't even pull himself up on it. That was it. I knew I had to listen to my gut and take him to the ER. Around 10:30 I left with Logan while Heather watched Lane. Once we got there they sent him for xrays. He screamed like we were torturing him. I swear he cried worse than Lane did. (I think it's because it hurts him to lay on his back.) We ended up sitting for about another hour and half and then one of the techs walks in with a sling. I asked him if that meant it was broken...because at this point we still had not see the doctor...and he says no he was just bringing that because it would help support the arm. But the tech did tell me he would go find out if it was broken. So off he goes and when he walked back around the corner his eyes were huge and he said, "yes mam, it's broken!" What are the odds that both of my kids would break their right collarbone in the exact same place exactly two months apart! I don't get it. They put Logan in a sling and gave him some meds. He was told to wear the sling all the time (except when he sleeps) for the next week. He returns to be rechecked next Friday. At that point he will most likely wear the sling most of the time but will have to take it out to move it around a little from time to time to do a little home therapy. The only thing I'm worried about is that Logan's break looked a lot worse than Lane's. Logan's was a little displaced and that knot I was feeling was where his bone was broken and sticking up. I'm just praying that it heals just as good as Lane's did...but the doctor didn't feel there would be any problems.
Logan slept really well last night. Of course I let him sleep with mom! When he woke up I gave him some more meds and we got dressed and headed out to find a yard sale. We had no luck. So we went to Fred Meyers. Logan's sling bothers him if he doesn't have a collared shirt on with it. It rubs against his neck so I wanted to find him a few more collared shirts so he would have some to wear to school. This boy is getting so long that all his shirt are getting to short for him! We didn't find much there but he did pick out a toy. I just feel so bad for him! We headed to Old Navy and found a couple of shirts. They were out of shopping carts and I had not brought Lane's stroller so we didn't stay long at all. Logan wanted Carl's Jr for lunch so we picked that up and came home to eat. Logan keeps wanting to take his sling off. His meds are helping so he doesn't understand why he still needs to wear the sling. He keeps saying, "but Mom, it doesn't hurt!" I keep catching him trying to use his arm too. I don't know what I'm going to do with this little stinker. Hopefully he doesn't do anything to make it worse.Well I'm off to clean up the kitchen while the boys finish their naps. There is so much I need to do but I really just want to be lazy!!!!
4 comments:
Bless his heart! And yes..that is crazy that both boys broke them! Hey..did you read my blog about the "Hawks" that were our friends who moved? Well, they went to Ft. Campbell! You two should definitely hook up! She is great! Hope your baby gets better and so sorry to hear about your granny!
I wish you could ship one of the boys to me so you could have a break! I wonder how many hours you've spent in the ER lately?! Poor Logan! Look at the bright side, you are a pro on mending broken colarbones! :)
YEAH for Fort Campbell!! Can you already see the light?
Good Lord Lady.... :) Let me know if you need me or Sam @ all! I am so sorry to hear about your Granny. And Logan?? There are just no words for those 2 little boys :) You should get some kinda trophy. And Ft. Campbell....I'm happy for you and very sad for me!!!!
I am so sorry about your Granny! And sorry about Logan's collarbone, too. That is crazy that it happened to him so close to when it happened to Lane.
On the other hand, I am excited you heard a yes about Ft. Campbell! CLOSER TO HOME!!! YEAH!! I hope I get to see you soon! Love ya!
Post a Comment