Monday, May 25, 2009

Oh me...



Today I was off from work...but today was a more mentally exhausting day 8 hours of straight surgery!!! These boys are giving me a run for my money. I thought it was going to be a great day. They had stayed up late last night so they both slept in this morning. Lane didn't wake me up until 9! That was so nice. Once we all got up and had breakfast we started getting ready for our day. We met up with Amy and the kiddos and did a little running around. The kids were hungry and wanted Pizza Hut so off we go. We should have known better because it was nap time but we did it anyway. And once again it was crazy. Logan has been ignoring everything I say to him for the last little bit. He likes to wait until I'm on my way to spank him before he even starts to do what I tell him. Then of course he says "I'm going mom!" Today at lunch he even smacked my leg back after I had spanked his. I just told him I was going to tell his Daddy. I hate using that and I haven't but I'm at a loss as to what to do now. I've tried spanking and it doesn't do anything. I've tried time out...he still keeps ignoring me. Now I'm trying just sending him to his room to be by himself. But today when he hit me he did not want me to tell his Daddy. Daddy has a big rule about not hitting mom...even when we are play fighting...so he knew he would be in big trouble for that one. He has been begging not to tell.

Now his new thing is running off into the woods around our house. He has a huge backyard to play in and he pretty much has free run but all I ask is that I be able to see him at all time. I tell him he needs to be able to see our front door at all time. I just don't think that is too much ask especially in a populated neighborhood with people constantly walking and cars driving by. In this day and age you can never be too careful. Well he seems to "forget" my rules and ends up out in the woods where I can't see him. Tonight was the final straw. Amy and I were outside letting the little ones jump on the trampoline and the boys wanted to ride their bikes. I told him that was fine but just stay out of the woods. The first place he went was right into the woods...so far back that I couldn't even see his white shirt anywhere. I finally found him and sent him straight in and to his room. We had a little chat after our company left and like always he seems to "get it" then. I don't want to be one of those crazy overprotective moms but I also don't want to have my kids wondering the neighborhood. You never know where crazies might be lurking!

I keep telling myself to just be patient with him. That he just needs to spend a few days with his dad and he will back in line. Sad thing is...it only takes one little word from his dad and he straightens right up. Why can't I do that. I know this sounds gross but I would catch him eating his boogers from time to time. Well I told him and told him to stop but he just kept doing it. So I told Aaron. The two of them had one little chat and he hasn't done it since. What do I need to do different so that I have the same effect. Oh me...kids, kids!!!

Well I'm off to relax for a bit before heading to bed. Logan is fast asleep and I'm about to put Lane down. He had a late nap so that's the only reason he's not sleeping already. I hope you all have enjoyed this holiday weekend. Please take a moment to say a special prayer for all our military. Deployed and home. They give so much to our country and often their sacrifice is forgotten. We live in a time where Hollywood stars are more important than the ones who provide us our freedom. We must not ever forget who the true heroes of this country are. So many have given the ultimate sacriface and that should never be forgotten. God bless all of our soldiers...past and present...your heroism will never be forgotten!!!!! Thank you all!
Also, please say a special prayer for my Grandmother tomorrow. She goes for her second chemo treatment. She has been doing really well after the first. Only a few down days but feeling good for the most part. I spoke with her tonight and she was in good spirits. Laughing and hanging out at my mom's. Her first treatment went really well so we are just praying this one will be just as easy for her. She is such a fighter and never complains. Please keep her in your prayers. Also remember Matthew. He is back home now but still fighting infection in his lungs. Please also remember Pam and Jim. They are doing such a great job taking care of Matthew. Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers!

No comments: