Saturday, February 28, 2009

Friday morning Aaron called for the first time in almost a week. He was actually in a good mood and seemed to be doing good. They have been super busy and it doesn't look like it's slowing down. But he's tough!

Logan went to school for a bit and Lane went to the sitters. I had a hair appointment. I love how cute and bouncy your hair feels when you leave the salon! It makes me feel super girly...and I love that! As I was finishing up at the salon the sitter calls and tells me that Lane literally fell asleep while he was eating so she said for me to take my time picking him up so that he could finish out his nap. So I was able to do a little shopping for Aaron that I had been putting off. I got him a new game for his PSP and then picked him up two new books for him to read. Lane still wasn't up when I finished so I just headed home to enjoy the quite time. It didn't last too long though. I picked up Lane and then we got Logan. Off to Walmart. By the time I left there I couldn't wait to get home. Logan was being a handful...surprise surprise! After cooking and eating dinner we set up the new Wii remote and Logan and I played some games together.


Here's Logan playing Super Mario Brothers...yes the original 1990 version...that I downloaded onto the Wii. Makes me feel like a kid again!!!!This little stinker is just to cute with his funny little faces! So glad is nose is getting back to normal. It looks horrible in this picture!

Saturday morning started off with an early morning phone call from one of the single soldier's mom's. I'm the point of contact for all the single soldier's families and it never fails that when the guys get really busy and don't have time to call I get to reassure these moms that all is well. I don't mind it though. They all are very appreciative and really don't understand exactly how this Army life works. So it's feels good to provide them a little peace.

I was suppose to watch Amy's kids for a bit but her Logan was sick so we were just lazy. We played the Wii and I picked up a little. I did some more shopping for Aaron online. He needed new running shoes so I was searching for those. When the boys went down for a nap I was able to read for a bit which was nice. My friend Cassie ended up coming over and then stayed for dinner. I cooked catfish! It was so nice to have some fresh fried catfish just like you get in the south! The only thing that would have made it better would have been hushpuppies but I didn't have buttermilk and my hushpuppies never taste right if I used regular milk. But there will be a next time. Cassie's little boy had fun playing with Logan and Lane. He's such a cutie pie!

Aaron ended up calling again. He had ordered a gift for Logan and wanted to know if it had made it. Well I hadn't checked the mail so I went out and did that. Yes that was my first time out of the house today. It's wasn't too bad cold...22 degrees I believe...but there was a bunch of new snow. It was covering my boots! Good thing I threw on boots and not the burks I almost put on! The package was in the mail! So when I got in I handed it to Logan and turned the speaker phone on. He was so excited. Daddy bought him the 1st season of Ben 10. His little face lit up! He was so happy. He told Daddy, "I will watch it every day!" Boy am I looking forward to that because believe me...he has every intention of keeping that promise! I did however inform Aaron that I will be keeping a tally and he will watch Ben 10 just as many times as I do when he gets home!!! Logan is loving his video. We are already on disc number 2. He's even acting it out! He told me a minute ago, "I'm going to let Wyatt watch this when he comes over because now I have the little Ben 10 because my Daddy bought it for me!!!" He's so proud! Here he is watching his new show...I was disturbing him with my picture taking!



No comments: