Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day

Well another Valentine's Day away from my love. This was the 5 one we have been together for and we have only spent one of those together! Last years Valentine's day...and I was 9 months pregnant!!!!!! How romantic is that! Needless to say it was just like any other day of the year! Except for the beautiful flowers my hubby surprised me with. I did wake up this morning to a wonderful phone call from him. "Is it Valentine's day there yet?" He's so sweet! Logan was in a talkative mood and talked to Aaron for a while. Aaron told me Logan was getting so excited when he was talking that Aaron was having trouble understanding him. Logan had a lot on his mind and a lot to fill Daddy in about!

The boys and I were lazy in the bed until 10! It was great. So we had a late breakfast and watched some cartoons. We all ended up taking a nap after lunch. Yes we were really lazy! I cooked some dinner and we were planning to go to Walmart and then to McDonald's for ice cream after that. Well Logan and I ended up having war at dinner so the ice cream got nixed for Mr. Logan. All because of ONE bean! I always swore I wouldn't force my kid to eat all his food. But he does however have to TRY at least one bite of everything on his plate. That's all I ask. One bite! Well he refuses to try beans every time I make them. It doesn't matter what kind of beans; he refuses. Tonight we had pinto beans. He screamed and cried..."I don't like beans", "I don't want them," "what's inside a bean." I don't know...beans! He even said he didn't want to try them because, "I don't know what they taste like!" He couldn't get it through his head that he had to eat it to find out what it tasted like! I was mad and he was upset. Finally I just gave up and went to Walmart. His punishment, no ice cream. But Lane and I had eaten all our food and I wanted ice cream, so maybe this was mean of me but I got ice cream for me and Lane, and Logan got none. I don't know how else to prove my point. Spanking doesn't work, taking toys away doesn't work, so I'm trying this. He was pretty upset but seems to have gotten over it now. I even bought an extra and put in the freezer and told him it was his once he TRIED ONE BEAN! He still hasn't touched it. It did warm up a little today and when I was leaving Walmart a drop of water fell on my head! When I put Lane in the car he pulled his socks off before I could get the groceries loaded in the car. Which he has never done before! Guess it felt really warm to him!!!! My computer says its only 10 degrees right now but it felt a lot warmer than that when we were out. A couple more months of snow and then its gone!!!!!!! I can't wait!

This morning the boys did get a Valentine's present from Mommy and Daddy. Logan got this little remote control helicopter that he loves and Lane got this penguin that makes noise and has these little balls inside it. It's kind of like a punching bag. Here are some picture of them opening their gifts and playing.

Well I'm off to get the boys ready for bed and then I'm going to do some cleaning. My nap gave me some much needed energy so I'm going to take some advantage it!!!!

1 comment:

Aishlea said...

Looks like you had a great weekend and I am jealous of you staying in bed so long Saturday morning!!

I am so excited for the cruise, but I was worried about hurricanes...glad to know that you had a great one even though your destinations got changed. We went on one to Cozumel a few years ago and loved it, so I am hoping this one will be even better!

Have a great week!