I think this day has lasted for 48 hours instead of 24. It seems like it's never ending. The day started for me around 12:30AM. A lot earlier than I would have liked. I guess I can't tell this story without going back a little. Last Wednesday I almost passed out at work. This was the 3rd time this has happened in about 2 weeks. After talking with the girls at work, the doctors, and calling the hospital I decided to go in. Well the doctor ordered some test for me to do because my heart rate is really high. When I got to the doctor on Wednesday it was 115. Lab work was first and the second test was for me to wear a halter monitor for 24 hours. So Monday morning I picked up my monitor and got it all hooked up. Of course I felt fine all day at work. But at 12:30 this morning I woke to my door bell ringing. Well for the wife of a deployed soldier, an unexpected knock on the door brings about feelings no one can imagine. In my daze I managed to get downstairs, almost in tears thinking that I had lost the love of my life forever. I just kept thinking what am I going do. I get to the door and look out the peep hole only to realize that it wasn't anyone military...there was only one person and if someone was there to notify me there would be two or three. A wave of relief. Then I start to wonder who in the heck is at my door. My porch light was not on and I didn't want to turn it on cause I wasn't sure if I wanted them to know that I was at the door! Finally I mumbled a hello. I hear, "Tiffany, this Susan, Aaron sent me over to check on you!" Are you kidding me! I opened the door and she explained that Aaron had been trying to calling me for the last hour and was getting no answer. For some reason my house phone had never rang and my cell phone was downstairs in my purse. I pull it out and sure enough, 3 missed calls from Aaron and 2 from Susan. I felt so horrible. Aaron has been super worried about me ever since my little incident on Wednesday so here he is trying to check on me and I'm scaring the crap out of him without even knowing it. Little did we both know we had scared the other half to death.
Once she leaves I stumble back to bed, with my cell phone, and get laid back down. Then I remember I was wearing the monitor. My heart was still pounding out of my chest so I knew that little incident would make them wonder! Aaron called around 1:45. He was relieved to know everything was fine. He told me I better be glad Susan had volunteered to come over cause he was going to get the number to the police! Imagine my heart rate if I had to open the door to "open up it's the police!" Aaron and I talked for a bit and then he told me get some sleep. The alarm clock went off way to early but I got up.
I had to turn the monitor in before going to work so they knew I was going to be late. I dropped Lane off and then Logan. When I took Logan's coat off I saw that his pants had a rip about 4 inches long right next to his zipper. Great! So I go to his bag of extra clothes only to find out that the pants in there are a size 2T. I put them on him and although the waist fit...they were about 6 inches to short. You could see his skin above his socks! It was horrible and I wasn't about to make him wear that all day. So I told him I would go home and get a new pair of pants for him. So I did.
Work was fun. We are doing our secret v'day stuff. So I had some chocolates to munch on. I have a cold so that was causing lots of problems. I was sneezing all day and having to run off to blow my nose which is now raw. I hate cheap Kleenex's!!! We got finished around 4 and after we cleaned up it was before 5 when I got off even though it felt like 7! I grabbed the boys and then Logan requested KFC for dinner. I had told him it was his choice for dinner tonight because he said the meatballs I made last night were "gross" but he had said this morning he wanted fish sticks. But KFC it was. Logan did tell me on our ride that he had decided he wanted a new mommy. I asked him why and he replied, "because you spank my butt all the time!" I said well even if you got a new mommy she would still spank you if you didn't listen. He laughed and said, "I just want you to be my mom!" Not sure where that came from or if I should be upset!
While we were eating dinner the doctor called. He was worried as to why my heart rate jumped to 150 in the middle of the night! After I explained what happened he kind of laughed and said that everything was normal for the test. Of course the one day I needed to have one of those spells I felt perfectly fine all day. He wants me to go ahead with the next test which is a echo cardiogram. He said that my labs were good but I am going to see what I can do about a second opinion on them. I've been talking with other people in the medical field and they all seem to think my problem is my thyroid and my labs have confirmed that my thyroid is on the hyperactive side. According to military standards I'm "borderline" but the civilian doctors and nurses I have talked with said that might be too low for ME! So with a little help I'm going to get my labs looked at by a civilian doctor. So right now I'm still waiting to see what happens. I just want to get to the bottom of this so that I can start feeling better! I really hate dealing with this stuff and I hate making Aaron worried. Really babe, I'm fine....please don't stress!
Well Lane just went to bed so I'm off to shower and off to bed for Logan and I. I'm so tired I could fall asleep standing up!
2 comments:
OMG you poor thing! I can't imagine how you felt to have someone at your door. Tell Aaron that was just mean..LOL Next time he can call my house and I can bang on the wall! I hope you didn't get your cold from us! Everyone but me has been sick. Hope your feeling better soon and if you need anything I'm here!
I laughed out loud at what Logan said about you spanking his butt! :) Too cute!
Girl, I'm sorry you aren't feeling well. Mom told me this morning that she saw your name on the prayer request and wondered if I knew what was up. Now I do. An echo will still be a good thing for you to get. You could have some mitral valve propase or something nonworrisome like that. Also, off thyroid levels can def. do funky things to you. Poor Aaron...at least you know he loves you enough to do what he did! So sweet!
Post a Comment