Sunday, March 29, 2009

Busy weekend

Well I have a lot of catching up to do. Yesterday was a really busy day and I had no time to write. Let me pick up where I left off. Friday the boys and I went out and did a little shopping. First we headed off to get Logan a haircut. He really needed it. He just looks so grown up when his hair is freshly cut. Such the little stud. We ran around to a few other stores and then met up with Cassie to have dinner. Then she came over to watch movies. We started out trying to watch Rachael Getting Married with Anne Hathaway but we just couldn't get into it. After 40 minutes we turned it off and started The Women. I had watched it the night before but Cassie enjoyed it. We hung out for a while and discussed the makeover we are giving Cassie. There is nothing I enjoy more than helping my friends create a new look. It means shopping and playing dress up. Two of my favorite things!!!!

So Saturday we got up and got ready to shop. Cassie and I picked out some great stuff and helping Cassie shop really helped my budget! We were in one store for about two hours and all I bought was a $7 necklace. I was really proud of myself. Cassie did great with her shopping. She found some really cute clothes and shoes. Why is it that new clothes just make you feel so good!!! While we were checking out Logan gathered a group of about 5 women around him...the cosmetic ladies. He was flirting up a storm and talking like he's was so grown. I even asked him if he was flirting and he just looked at me with this big grin and said "yeah!" very matter-of-a-factly. Then went right back to talking to the girls! He was telling all the ladies what his name was and how old he was. Letting them know he was going to the circus. You should have seen him, leaning against the chair like he was Mr. Cool. All the girls though he was the cutest thing ever. I told him his Daddy would be so proud. Ladies watch out...he's already practicing his pick up skills!!!

Next was McDonald's and then off to the circus. Yes, the circus. Surprisingly there was something fun to do in this town. Logan was excited. For some reason he had been telling me all day that I was not allowed to laugh. He said it was ok for him to laugh but not me. I still don't know why. The circus started at 4 so we got there and got settled into our seat. All the kids had these light up swords so of course Logan had to get one. That place was a money trap. $10 for a light up sword and $5 for cotton candy. I mean really! Good thing Lane was too young to want a sword. At first I was a little worried it wasn't going to go well. Logan didn't like the loud music and he just looked a little angry. Lane was not enjoying any of it. But once the circus started Logan was intently watching it and Lane...well he watched it but he just didn't seemed impressed.

This was when we first got there...

I love that little grin! He couldn't take his eyes off the show!!!
He still thought it was to loud... .

This was Lane's expression for most of the show.
He just wasn't impressed!


The circus was a little different than others. Their motto was people entertaining people. So there were no animals. Some parts were a little corny but some of it I really enjoyed. They did an aeriel ballet. I loved it. The girl in the middle was doing all these flips and then she would spin around really really fast. It was very pretty. I wish I could do something like that. It looks fun!
These kids are 12 and 7!

There were five girls just couldn't get them all.
Yes she hula hooped with all these!
Spinning around by just her neck!

Oh sure I can do that...she's holding herself up with mouth!
The show lasted about two hours. On our way out Heather invited Logan to come home with her. So of course he wanted to. Lane and I headed to Walmart with Cassie. We had to make a little detour to Famous Footwear where I found these awesome boots that were on sale. I mean I literally saw these boots and said "wow, those are hot!" They were marked down to from $70 to $20 and they were buy one get one half off. So I grabbed the brown and black ones and got two pair for $30. You just can't beat that! We did a little more shopping then headed home to grab a bite to eat and then head out the door again. Aaron called during this time so I got to tell him about our day. He finds it hilarious when I get all excited about my shopping adventures. I'm so lucky to have a husband who doesn't have a serious problem with my shopping...as long as I don't force him to come along! He was doing good. He's just been really busy and not getting to sleep as much as he should. It's looking like he won't be getting leave until the first of July. Nothing in the Army is ever for sure though. I'm excited. I can start counting down. Plus we will be able to do some stuff while he is here since the weather will be awesome. 24 hours of daylight during that time. I get butterflies in my stomach just thinking about it. I miss him so much!!!!
We headed over to Cassie's house next. I colored her hair golden blond for her. It looks so good. I ended up having to make Logan come home. He didn't want to leave even though he was falling asleep on the couch with I got to Heather's house to pick him up. We didn't get home til 12:00 which is something I never do. I felt bad having the boys out that late but they had a good day and were both give out. They went right to sleep when I put them in bed. It was a fun day.

This morning we got up and got ready for church. Cassie was going to go with me but we just were not sure where we wanted to go. There is a church close to my house that I had been wanting to try so we went there...drove through the parking lot...got stared at like we were crazy by everyone and couldn't find a parking place. So we drove down the road to another church. Of course the kids were being kids. Logan was good for the most part. He remembered to whisper! Lane was fairly good. He would let out a little loud noise every now and then...just making sure everyone knew he was there! Of course Lane pooped his pants and Logan had to go to the bathroom. Never fails. I can't say that I was very happy with this church. The preacher kept "forgetting what he was saying." I just didn't feel like the message was really from God. If they guy can't even remember what he is going to say! Everyone stared at me any time Lane made even the littlest noise. I'm not about to go drop him off in the nursery when I don't even know these people. So what am I suppose to do. Only one person introduce themselves to me so I didn't feel very welcome at all! I just wish I could go to church and feel the spirit move. To feel good when I leave church. I love the way it feels when you go to church and you come out refreshed and feeling so good. The churches around here just don't do that. The people are just rude and don't make you feel welcome. I keep praying that we will find a good church. Cassie and I are going to try again next week. We are going to do a little research and see what we come up with! After church we came home and ate some lunch. Right now the boys are laying down for their nap and I'm about to watch Changeling with Angelina Jolie. I'll let you know how it is!

1 comment:

Brooke and David said...

Busy girl, you are!! Shopping sounds fun! I've been great for the past 3 months of being here in Cali. Shopping is incredible and so many different shops to chose from. For me, not shopping for 3 months out here...well I deserve a huge pat on the back! :) I've been trying to save up for wedding things. I'm def. going shopping in a few weeks to get some cute clothes for my wedding shower and party this summer. I deserve it after not shopping lately!! I might splurge!!