Thursday, March 12, 2009

FRG Bowling

Tonight was our monthly FRG meeting. We had decided to go bowling. It turned out really nice. We all got to see the banner that we are sending the guys. It looks so good and I believe the guys will love it. All the wives had a lot of fun bowling. I actually won! Shocker! I always beat Aaron though!!! Well he might have won once before! Logan had fun bowling as well. One of his older friends, Ryan, was helping him so he felt really big! He was a bit of a wild child while we were there though and I'm going to have to do something about that little mouth of his. His back talking is getting way out of hand and my "evil eye" is not doing the trick. You know spanking your child in public will get you put in jail these days! Guess I'm going to have to try something new! Here are a couple of pictures from the night. I had to post this one of Kristi. It was just too funny. Aaron you should show Paul!!



The only bad part about the night was when I got out to the car and realized that I had missed calls from Aaron. He must have started calling right as I was getting the boys ready to leave cause I had had my phone out the whole night until we started getting bundled up to leave. So I'm bummed! But hopefully he will call back soon. He's been debating the reenlisting thing and as it's a big decision he's thinking hard about it. So say a little prayer for him and pray that God will give him the answers he needs and the confidence to know he's doing the right thing. I back him 100% no matter what he decides. I just want him to be happy and he knows that leaving his is the only thing I need to make me happy. And he agrees with that too!!!! I just want him to make the right career choice for himself. I want him to have a job he loves. As much as he gets mad at the Army, I think deep inside he really loves it. Plus he's extremely good at what he does. But he's a pretty awesome guy so he will be great at whatever he decides to do!!! You will make the right choice babe...I have faith in you!!!

I did find out tonight that I was nominated for volunteer of the year for the FRG. I'm pretty honored that someone would think of me...enough to be nominated. I mean...of the year! I do love what I do for the FRG. I head up our Single Soldier Support Group for our troop which is a group that provides support to all the families of our single soldiers who are so far away. I really love talking with the families and do feel like I've helped some of them. Even if it's just a "shoulder" to lean on. Some of these moms and dads don't know anything about the Army so it's nice to be able to help them understand all about this crazy life. Some of the soldiers have even said they are glad that their parents have me to call and ask questions about stuff instead of "bothering" them all the time with those question. So hopefully what little I do provides a little comfort for the families during hard times like these.

Well I'm off to watch the CSI that I recorded tonight and then I'm off to bed. I'll talk to you all tomorrow!

1 comment:

Aishlea said...

Wow- I am impressed by your skillz! :) (that would be the way Cole would spell it if he were writing so I thought I would try to be all hip and up on the lingo!) I can't bowl at all. I am seriously the worst bowler in the history of bowling.

I am sorry your week has been so draining with the services and all, but Congrats on being nominated for the award! That just shows you how awesome you are and how everyone loves you!!