
Logan came home around 5:00. I had cooked us a nice dinner and even fixed hot tea (one of Logan's favs) to go with it. But as usual Logan didn't eat and Lane didn't eat much of anything all day. Do you have any idea how discouraging it is to cook a big dinner and you be the only one who touches it! Logan and his pickiness is really driving me crazy. I can't get the kid to eat anything other than fish sticks, mac and cheese, and a hot dog once in a while.
I've been having trouble with Logan trying to scare Lane. I understand that is a "brother" thing but when he does it Lane trys to run away from him and ends up falling and hitting either his shoulder or face. So I've been on Logan to stop doing that. Well tonight Logan did it again and sure enough Lane started crying and then tried to run. Well with his arm all bandaged up he falls down and hits his head. So I send Logan to timeout which is normally on the stairs but when he got over there he started playing with a toy. So I told him to scoot back and then I realized he was right in the corner. What better place to have his timeout than in the corner. So I tell him to stand up and put his nose in the corner. I told him I would set the timer to 4 minutes and as long as he didn't get out or talk he would be done with his timeout. I was shocked. It worked!!!! He stood there all 4 minutes without turning around. He did call out once to ask me if his time was up but I just reminded him to listen for the timer. I was really proud and I'm hoping this will work as a new way to punish him. Nothing else I have done seems to be working!
I'm almost too embarassed to post this next picture but it's just to funny not to share. When Logan was done with his timeout I took one look at him and realize he had dust on both sides of his face from where his face was in the corner. I guess I need to dust my walls!!! I mean come on people...who has time to dust the corners of their walls!!!! Poor boy...but hey...he didn't scare his brother anymore tonight!!!!!!
3 comments:
I am so sorry to hear that Lane has been so sick--hope that he
only gets better now! And, very glad to hear the hospital was much nicer this time around.
Don't come stick Logan in my corner or he'll have dust covering his entire face! :)
Hey! it's been crazy around here. I was just catching up on yours..
Your baby boy has had it rough lately! I read where he had pneumonia. What happened to his collar bone? I couldn't find it in the past posts (I'm behind). My boys have the flu, so I know what sleepless nights are like. lol. I hope your little one is well soon.
Well at least you can't say he didn't have his nose far enough in the corner!!!!
Post a Comment