Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Laner Bug

Last night was another rough night. He just could not get comfortable. I actually remember looking at the clock every 30 minutes. I don't remember seeing 12:30 or 3:00 but I do remember the rest! I decided to stay home with him today. I just couldn't bring myself to leave him yet. My heart is still breaking for him. He keeps using his arm like nothing is wrong and when it starts hurting he just keeps doing what he's doing but he crys. The doctor had said he would "restrict" himself but he's not. I looked some stuff up on the internet and everything I've read said that the arm is put in a sling when the clavicle is broken. The doctor said that Lane didn't need to be put in a sling but she did tell me that when I could I should pin his arm to his left collar. She talked about putting a collared long sleeve shirt on him and using safety pins to pin his arm up but I don't have any safety pins. I do however have a medical bag, thanks to Aaron, that is full of ace bandages and tape. So I put together a make-shift sling. He hates it but once he got used to it, it seems to be helping him. Since I put it on him he's hasn't been crying in pain. He has screamed at me a few times because he can't do everything he wants to do! Before when he would fall down on his butt he would cry but now when he falls he seems to be fine. Plus he is now sleeping soundly for the first time since his accident so I really think that this is the best thing for him. He looks pitiful in it but if it keeps him from hurting and helps him heal faster...then he will wear it!
This is right after I put it on him...he was NOT happy at all!
This was a little while later...after he figured out he could still get around...just a little slower than usual!

2 comments:

Brooke and David said...

That is pitiful! :(

Aishlea said...

Oh, my! That just breaks my heart! Poor little man...good thing his mom is on top of things! I hope that doctor gets in a lot of trouble- before she harms another kid!